Bands Influenced By Maiden

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]i know Metallica were influenced by them[/quote]

I even know that Lars Ulrich has say that Maiden was his favourite band during three or four years since 1982!! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] : [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] bow: [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Basically every band that started after '82. I specifically know that Slayer and Dissection was heavily influenced by Maiden. Kerry King said in an interview: 'We all grew up on Maiden's music.'

Just listen to Tierra Santa and you'll hear the influence: it's basically Maiden with Spanish lyrics! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The Sporpions [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

metallica did listen to maiden but they were more influenced by stuff like motorhead and that stuff

I doubt their '80's contemporaries were influenced by maiden, that excludes, Blind Guardian, Stratovarious, Helloween (gamma ray is a 90's band), metallica etc etc. Tierra Santa is a Maiden CLONE, Influenced is an understatement. Not to mention 98% of their lyrics are either about religion or the middle ages and the rest about greek mythology. All the other bands sound about right, In flames, iced earth, sonata artica etc. You can hear the maiden influence. I have hard time seeing it in Therion and edguy but I don't doubt it's there.

Lars Ulrich has always said he was influenced by Iron Maiden because they were doing everything better than the other bands and with a sense of perfection (songs, covers, management, concerts... everything) . So it isn't specific of the music.

[!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] sum 41 did a trooper cover [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i have their album [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back