Band members position on religion and war.

What are the band members stances' on topics such as religion and war. This is to try and help many die hard fans figure out the original meanings behind many recent songs.
If any one has any links on these. Please share because there are many serious debates about these topics.

We've been over this. That's 12 years old. He stated in a Swedish paper around the release of TFF that he is now an atheist. Nicko is a fundamentalist Christian, Steve seems to waffle between Christianity and some strange form of neo-paganism.

Born again, holy roller, Jesus freak... got the idea? Not that there's anything wrong with that... ::)

This is what i know about this theme...

Bruce is an ATHEIST and he has a anti-church attitude,you can see that in his lyrics and his interes in art,his IDOL is ALEISTER CROWLEY and he is one who inspired Bruce.In faith and music he said that he believes in something because everyone has to believe in something (he probably think about energy and some universum godlike theory) but he also said something like "OFFCOURSE i don't believe in that but..." Because he is a very open minded person,and he has a extreme point of view on almost every subject and that is what makes him a original and briliant artist.

Steve Harris is also atheist but he has almost agnostic attitude,in song like for the greater good of god you can see that he also got some themes and claims which are related to Dickinson point of view.

Dave and Adrian,i think and i cannot be 100% sure that they are in Protestaism.

Nicko Mc Brain is a NEW BORN Christian and he said in some interview that he has a deep conversation with the band about that and that most of them don't share his beliefs but they respect that in every way.

And you got on FINAL FRONTIER Starblind that got a message,deep message,we should not fight for religious beliefes because is pointless,SUN is one religion,you are blinded and you cannot see every single star on the sky because of that,you can't be blinded by one religion because you will be deceived in the end and it will be late.On this tour you also got Blood Brothers that got a prequel speak something like: it donesn;t important in what religion you are it doesn't important what color you are because we are all the same we are MAIDEN fans.GOD in most of Maiden lyrics is just an metaphor.

AND MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THIS TOPIC IS = THAT THIS IS THEIR PRIVATE THING AND I THINK THAT THIS THEME IS UNNECESSARY !!!!  They are here to make music for us and we must respect their privacy....

BruceBruceSRB said:
This is what i know about this theme...

Bruce is an ATHEIST and he has a anti-church attitude,you can see that in his lyrics and his interes in art,his IDOL is ALEISTER CROWLEY and he is one who inspired Bruce.In faith and music he said that he believes in something because everyone has to believe in something (he probably think about energy and some universum godlike theory) but he also said something like "OFFCOURSE i don't believe in that but..." Because he is a very open minded person,and he has a extreme point of view on almost every subject and that is what makes him a original and briliant artist.

Steve Harris is also atheist but he has almost agnostic attitude,in song like for the greater good of god you can see that he also got some themes and claims which are related to Dickinson point of view.

Dave and Adrian,i think and i cannot be 100% sure that they are in Protestaism.

Nicko Mc Brain is a NEW BORN Christian and he said in some interview that he has a deep conversation with the band about that and that most of them don't share his beliefs but they respect that in every way.

And you got on FINAL FRONTIER Starblind that got a message,deep message,we should not fight for religious beliefes because is pointless,SUN is one religion,you are blinded and you cannot see every single star on the sky because of that,you can't be blinded by one religion because you will be deceived in the end and it will be late.On this tour you also got Blood Brothers that got a prequel speak something like: it donesn;t important in what religion you are it doesn't important what color you are because we are all the same we are MAIDEN fans.GOD in most of Maiden lyrics is just an metaphor.

AND MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THIS TOPIC IS = THAT THIS IS THEIR PRIVATE THING AND I THINK THAT THIS THEME IS UNNECESSARY !!!!  They are here to make music for us and we must respect their privacy....

This is just a name calling game in which people use different definitions for certain words. Atheism has such a broad variety of use that even if we'd call one of the members an atheist, we still wouldn't exactly know how he would feel about certain matters.

In fact, "atheism" is a term that should not even exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non-astrologer" or a "non-alchemist." We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens have traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle. Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#Etymology

Forostar said:
This is just a name calling game in which people use different definitions for certain words. Atheism has such a broad variety of use that even if we'd call one of the members an atheist, we still wouldn't exactly know how he would feel about certain matters.

I agree with you  :cheers:

yes,something like that,he knows so much about all religions and he is still an atheist because he reject to be led by any of that kind of stuff,you cannot manipulate with Bruce....

Sorry that i'm meddeling in thier personal beliefs and all but it is just to help me understand their songs like Starblind. BUT I still haven't found any article about anything Bruce says or anyone else for that matter ,besides Nicko of course, and I can't beleive anything anyone says unless I get proof straight from the originators' mouth.
If Starblind is about hardcore atheism, I'm suprises that Nicko would play on the track because it may sounds very offensive too him. Doesn't matter to me because it is still such an amazing epic masterpiece and I would treat the song just like a Slayer song (my 2nd fav. band).
Bruce also idolizes William Blake so check out Jerusalem from his Chemical Wedding album. I wonder if Adrian Smith help with Starblind's lyrics because some parts remind me of Wasted Years.

Nicko probably isn't offended by it. I'm Christian and I have no problem listening to it all the time and even playing it on guitar. I'm sure Nicko is the same way.

Batman said:
What does fundamentalist mean?

In my book, a fundamentalist is someone who sees his beliefs (whatever they are) as the absolute truth.

In a Christian or Muslim context you can use it for those who hold the Bible or the Qur'an to be infallible. If you refuse to believe in certain scientific theories because a literal understanding of e.g. the Bible says otherwise, then you are a fundamentalist.

Feeling strongly about one's own religious beliefs doesn't make a fundamentalist, as I see it. It is in their attitude towards other beliefs.

Back