Back in the Village

How good is Back in the Village on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: 'back In The Village'

Perun said:
That's how it is with the '98 remasters.

So it's normal? Nuts.

On a (slightly) related note, my guitarist couldn't remember the title of this song. He called it 'Lillies In The Field'. I'm not sure how he got that idea, but oh well. :)

Daily Song: Back in the Village

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Back in the Village

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

My thoughts: Again, a little rocker that is alright. This one isn't too bad, but not too great. I like the guitars a rather lot, but can't stand the vocals. 6/10.

Re: Daily Song: Back in the Village

Another underrated song from Powerslave with some of the most crazy guitars ever!!! 10/10  :edmetal:

Nothing special about this one. I like the guitars at the beginning, as well as the verses. Chorus is bad.

5/10.

Intro riff is evil, the pacing is frantic (without tic tic toc) and Bruce's delivery is godlike!!! The guitars are crazy, the duet is the most intricated in their catalogue and once again, insane bass line and Nicko's pounding, but perfectly structured drumming. Another classic which is not classic! 9!

I gave it a 7, guitars sound great, the vocals are really good as well, but there seems to be something missing from this song that makes it fall short of Maiden's top material.  Still very good though.

Bruce's screaming sounds flabby, and the instrumental part walks the fine line between brilliant and tacky, unfortunately tripping and falling on the side of the latter. The lyrics needlessly revisit a topic that has been done, and don't add anything to it. Nothing at all about this song is interesting or captivating. One of the worst Maiden songs, 2/10.

While Village has a lot in common with 2 Minutes, it falls short on every comparison. The high energy and a nice instrumental section could have made it a six or even a seven. But the highly annoying chorus — one of Maiden’s worst — prevents it from being higher than five.

One of my least favourite IM songs.  There is not much that I like in this song.  They should have stayed with 'The Prisoner', as the lyrics make no sense to someone who's not watched the show. The music feels uninspired. 2/10

3/10. The chorus is annoying (and way too repetitive), Bruce is poor, the opening riff is hardly supreme. Very meh.

The only thing I don't love about this song is the chorus. I really don't get what's wrong with the singing, I love the guitar work, and I really like the absurd lyrics.

With a proper chorus this would've been a 9 in my book. Now, I only give it 8.

Some people like it a lot, to me it's always felt too average to be really memorable.  It's energetic and rocks hard, but then so does the rest of the album.  7/10

I was liking the music since ever, beautiful early Power Metal sample. Terrific bass, riffs, vocals, tempo, everything. My only problem was the lyrics. Then I discovered theIMC and the meaning of those 'strange' lyrics. Thus my appreciation for it has gown ever since. 9/10

Back