Astronomy & Science

Should this thread be deleted ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I finally watched this white hole video ... 1000% crap. Not a typo, that's one thousand percent crap. It's ten turds.

First of all, there's no information about any "discovery". Not a single name of a scientist or institution. Not a single photograph or other piece of discovered evidence. The title of the video is a straight-up lie.

Second, the information presented is at a level appropriate for children or other beginners. If you need to be told what a black hole is or how they're formed, you're just not ready for white holes. Most notably, the video never discusses why most physicists don't believe in white holes. (It has to do with the kind of paradoxes that rule out time travel.)

If a white hole were ever truly found, it would be world-shaking news, on the same level as if we found a new and better theory of gravity and ditched General Relativity. Until one can find this story with a URL that doesn't contain "blog", don't believe the clickbait.

People make a big deal about Marihuana, Cocaine, Heroin, alcohol and tobacco as horrible addictive substances that kill you. Only recently have people realized how dangerous sugar is, but to this day nobody addresses the fact that the most abused "drug" on earth is caffeine. It is so normalized to drink coffee or tea, especially to "wake up." Coffee also stains your teeth like cigarettes do. That being said, I love coffee, but I only have one cup a day in the mornings.

While reading those headlines by @TheMercenary I felt like, holy moly, The End is Near! :eek:

It's safest to just avoid those all together :D

I remember watching something on TV (can't recall the channel) about a guy that had been struck by lightning multiple times in his life and survived. Two of said occasions were when he was INSIDE HIS HOUSE. Once while he was under his car working on it, the lightning strike basically made its way though the garage roof, through his car and got him. The second one while he was in the shower. So... whether dry or wet, dude got struck. The most infuriating part of this is I can't seem to find the story and now I feel like I might have imagined the whole thing.

Saw this, the "super DVD" that can hold a petabyte or something like that. Could be the savior of physical media TBH. No more excuses for digital only games if you can actually have a 300GB game on a single disc plus all it's DLC. Same with movies and music.

Back