• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMercenary

Ancient Mariner
I opened this thread to discuss about new discoveries in astronomy and all other sciences. You can freely post new links and discuss of these new discoveries. :) Here are the first links.

James Webb telescope has took a photograph of a nebula around the star WR140. If you observe this picture you could see a sort of spider web around the star or energy waves. :)

Last edited:
New pictures of Mars captured a solar eclipse and these are impressive. :)

Two black holes will collide in 3 years. That's an exciting new and something really interesting to observe. ;)

Last edited:
Perfectly fine with opening an Astronomy & Science thread, although I think we have a discoveries thread - but posting links without commentary or intent for discussion?

Perfectly fine with opening an Astronomy & Science thread, although I think we have a discoveries thread - but posting links without commentary or intent for discussion?
If you wanna erase this thread, you can. I see no objection if you think people won't come and discuss science and astronomy. ;)

3 to 4 billions of years ago, there was no Everest. Geologic processes hadn't raised the Himalayas yet. A worldwide ocean doesn't mean it was 29,000 feet above current sea level.
OK, I know. BUT, the article explained it like for the people to understand how much water there was, the height of the ocean in this time. ;) My words were a little bit clumsy, sorry. :) I'll try to be more precise in my expression next time, but you should remember that I'm not native english speaking Maiden fan. :rolleyes:

I wonder how much water is in flora and fauna that live on land, contributing to the decrease of water levels, too. I'm no scientist but I bet it's a lot.

I believe our point was, don't merely post links, start the discussion. Don't you have anything to say about astronomy yourself?
It's my favourite science. :) When I was younger I wish I had pursued studies to become an astronomer, but it was impossible for me for some personal and family reasons. :( I own a telescope and I love to watch the night skies when I can. I became an "amateur" astronomer when I was 9 years old, when my father bought me this telescope after an astronomy show on TV. And from then, I'm still watching the beauty of the celestial dome. :) The scientists that inspire me were or are Stephen Hawking, Carl Sagan, Michio Kaku, Seth Shostak, Aurélien Barrau, for the best-known ones. <3

I extend my deepest sympathies to those poor Earth-bound children whose lives will inevitably be turned upside down when the first human walks on Mars. I have the same family name as the first man who walked on the Moon, and I grew up in the decade immediately after he did so. I spent the first ten years of my life saying "no, NOT related to the astronaut" every time I introduced myself. Having the same name as the most famous man on Earth isn't fun.

Space is fun, though. The Moon is fun. Giant steps are what you take, walking on the moon. I hope my leg don't break, walking on the moon.

I extend my deepest sympathies to those poor Earth-bound children whose lives will inevitably be turned upside down when the first human walks on Mars. I have the same family name as the first man who walked on the Moon, and I grew up in the decade immediately after he did so. I spent the first ten years of my life saying "no, NOT related to the astronaut" every time I introduced myself. Having the same name as the most famous man on Earth isn't fun.

Space is fun, though. The Moon is fun. Giant steps are what you take, walking on the moon. I hope my leg don't break, walking on the moon.
But does your granddad play trumpet?

Two black holes will collide in 3 years. That's an exciting new and something really interesting to observe. ;)

If this event is a billion light-years away, doesn't that mean the collision already happened 999,999,997 years ago? This news is older than a thousand_suns football score.

Back