As I Lay Dying

Do we have any As I Lay Dying fans on here? It breaks my heart that Tim Lambesis' stupidity led to an early demise from what is probably the best Metalcore band of all time, in my opinion.

All of their albums are solid, but Frail Words Collapse was my first experience, so it cannot be anything less than their best album.

Their EP album, Decas, has awesome covers of Judas Priest's Electric Eye and Slayer's War Ensemble. I think the AILD version of Electric Eye is better than the original.

I listen to this band every day, it's so awesome!

Btw, am I the only one who gets these weird thoughts after listening to them, like suddenly wanting to hire a hitman to kill my wife?

I can't say I get those feelings haha, but the newest album does have many of the "hopeless", "chained down" type of themes to it that certainly makes it all clear in hindsight. I'm very torn on if I should support Tim for the issues he had and still suffers from, but I can't really condone the hiring a contract killer to take out your wife element. I suppose we should wait and see if he continues a music career when he is released in six years. I can forgive a repentant man.

I tried to read the William Faulkner novel of the same name. The thick, southern vernacular was a bit too much for me and was giving me a headache. I did see the James Franco directed movie that came out about a year or two ago. He did accurately depict that vernacular, I'll give him that. It wasn't anything particularly special and I'm not a franco fan, so that didn't help.

As far as the metalcore genre goes, AILD is/was definitely one of the very best out there. I don't think I'll ever get over what happened with Tim. It's hard to believe that he's sitting in a prison cell as I type this. However, the band that the other members have formed since called Wovenwar is pretty good.

Wovenwar is an AILD offshoot? Didn't know that. I saw them live a few months ago opening for Periphery and they were so bad. 4 bands on the lineup and they were by far the worst.

Wovenwar is pretty good. I like their debut album. It's certainly a vocal departure from AILD, but I like that they chose to go down a different path. It's still the same great guitars and drums I know and love from AILD, with more radio friendly vocal melodies.
Fans that expect the same Tim Lambesis growling were inevitably going to be disappointed. I applaud them for trying something different, and doing it well.

I do not like the name of the band, but it is what it is. Wovenwar isn't As I Lay Dying. They're good, but not the epic band that AILD was. I've been listening to their albums a lot lately while I drive to work and I can't believe such a great band is no more. It's all so stupid and frustrating. I'm sure Tim will try to revive his career when he's out in 2020 or thereabout.

From: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/co...son-after-serving-less-than-half-of-sentence/
According to Alternative Press, AS I LAY DYING frontman Tim Lambesis has been released from prison after serving less than half of his six-year sentence for conspiracy to commit murder.

Lambesis was discharged from a California detention facility on December 17, 2016 and was transferred to the Division of Adult Parole Operations.

The news of Tim's release surfaced earlier today after BLABBERMOUTH.NET posted an interview with former DOKKEN axeman George Lynch from the Monsters Of Rock cruise in which the guitarist, whose daughter was once engaged to AS I LAY DYING's Nick Hipa, discussed his relationship with Lambesis. "He just got out of jail for attempting to kill his wife," George said during the chat. "He's got a mega record deal. He's got a book deal. Everything's lined up for him. I mean he's going to skate through life.
He's not a prisoner. He's a free man.

And they're back with a new song!

So, did you think this was going to happen? After Tim released that apology and knowing that Wovenwar didn't do that well, I did think it was possible. The new song is really good and it sounds like, well AILD. LOL

Also, some say Tim should be forgiven and given a second chance, but that's easy to say since he was caught before anything really bad happened. But what if the murder had actually gone through and his former wife was dead? Tim's original intent is equally as bad either way. I'm not sure how to feel about this. It will be interesting to see how everyone reacts once they're done with their stupid boob jokes.

Back