Arch Enemy

Eddie's Lil Helper

Ancient Mariner
ARCH ENEMY guitarist Michael Amott has posted the following message on the group's official web site:

"We are currently in freezing Edmonton, Canada…it took us 17 hours to drive from Vancouver to here…we drove through the mountains and there was really nothing else but ice and snow…and then some more ice and snow! We saw some beautiful nature, and some really cool wildlife like eagles and a ram crossing the road — very impressive for us Swedes! :)

"The shows have been going extremely well on this tour, it's been a lot of fun! And I must say that we are slightly surprised and totally honoured that CRADLE OF FILTH's fanbase has taken to us so well! We played Vancouver for the first time ever 2 days ago and that was really a killer show, great crowd...we'll be back!!!

"In San Francisco we met up with Steve Smyth (ex-TESTAMENT now in NEVERMORE) and hung out for a while before we hit the stage at the Fillmore (wow, lots of history in that venue...!). In Seattle we met up with the rest of the NEVERMORE dudes, the guys from our favourite band were in great shape and spirit! Can't wait for their next album...I am sure it'll be killer!

"Talking of new stuff, we have been able to write some new riffs for the next ARCH ENEMY studio opus while on the road — well, I don't wanna hype this too much...but these are some of the coolest, melodic, angriest and tech riffs I have heard in long time! Ha!

"We will spend a couple of weeks off with our families and friends back home over the holidays (I am sure you will grant us that?).

"In the new year we are setting up the recording equipment in our 'Dungeon Of Steel' rehearsal studio and start the pre-production of the new album — we are very much looking forward to getting our teeth sunk into this new material...2005 is going to be a good year!!! To end this report I would like to say a BIG thank you to all our fans and friends that have supported us on this tour...!!!"

Back