Anyone into their LEGO ???

If there was official Iron Maiden Lego I would absolutely buy it. -- Lego is awesome.

This!

The models behind the link in the opening post were... not that interesting. I like the idea there though - Maiden Vignettes are neat concept and granted, Piece of Mind one works ok, it just screams for some more custom parts, but yeah... as far as LEGO sets go, I think that those theoretical models fall awkwardly somewhere between "adult collectible/display piece" category and "play sets" - and not being very successful at either.

As said, I like the idea there, the execution is just a bit too lame and unexpressive.

Better ideas?

Well, I'd say that Piece of Mind Vignette would work in a bit better scale and some padded cell -styled panels. Somewhere in Time Eddie would make an appropriate Technic/Bionicle style set, where as Stranger in a Strange Land could be made as super cool, LEGO Star Wars style play set with loads of unique alien minifigures and that kind of stuff. :)

Also, AMOLAD tank with a few skeleton soliders and Eddie as a minifigures just has to happen.

Sorry, bit of a LEGO nerd here...

In my very own personal opinion, the only classic cover I could imagine as a Lego set would be Powerslave. Everything else would just be a mini figure with some items and I don't think that would translate well. It's hard enough to make a decent action figure out of Eddie, a Lego figure would just rely on the "I know what this is supposed to be" effect.

EDIT: And I doubt Powerslave would be made because any set would have to address the topic of Eddie's crotch, and heavy metal is supposed to be family friendly these days or something.

In my very own personal opinion, the only classic cover I could imagine as a Lego set would be Powerslave. Everything else would just be a mini figure with some items and I don't think that would translate well.

Well I think that IM/Killers could work, since both Eddies would be fairly easy to translate into recognizable and expressive mini figures and the wall from the IM cover along with the lamp post and some details, or some background building from Killers cover, would result rather neat little set. :) Then again, not sure if it had that much display value, given the simplicity of the mentioned built elements, but it's a a concept that would translate into LEGO world fairly well anyway.

EDIT: World Slavery stage set inspired set would work though. :D Giant sphinx Eddie splitting in half to reveal mummy Eddie, cool gimmick.

If there was official Iron Maiden Lego I would absolutely buy it. Then Diesel would say I'm a hypocrite because Lego is for children, but I wouldn't give a shit because Lego is awesome.

I thought there was a lego of sorts... I have a Powerslave one called "minimates"

I'd buy this if they made them.... in a heartbeat... whoever made this custom one did a stellar job
z2.jpg

Back