Anyone help with my website idea?

The Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
Right, I leave school in less than a month and will have nothing but free time until I begin college in October so to kill that time I was thinking of doing something like the Commentary but with Bruce Dickinson songs, a Bruce Dickinson Commentary if you like. But I can't do it by myself so I need someone clever (LooseCannon?) who will be able to help with some of the lyrical details since many of the lyrics are just as cryptic, if not more cryptic, than most Maiden songs.

If anyone wants to help, you can send your song interpretations, opinions, facts, biographical bits and bobs, trivialities about songs etc. to me at colanderhands@aol.com or you can post them here, and I can begin putting everything together mid-June time. If you do send anything which I use I'll credit you on the site.

I'm going to start with the things I listen to most (Best Of, Chemical Wedding, Skunkworks and the b-sides) so stuff on those albums will be appreciated most to begin with but I will do the other albums later on so anything is welcome!

A Bruce Commentary is something I've wanted to do for a while but never had time for. We can work together if you wish and incorporate it into the Maiden Commentary (a Blaze Commentary would also be nice!). [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Any help you require for the page layout, hosting, and commentary ideas will be gracefully provided by yours truly in addition to to LooseCannon's ideas. Let me know if you agree with this idea [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I sent you two pieces of trivia about Skunkworks and Accident of Birth [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I´m also interested in having a bruce commentary, tell ,me what you´re lookin for

my msn is [a href=\'mailto:elhefejgs@hotmail.com\']elhefejgs@hotmail.com[/a]

Thanks for the offers and help everyone!

Shadow, I got your interview bits, thanks a lot! I've been looking for that AOB one for a while now so I'm glad you found it!

Mave, it'd be brilliant to make it part of the Maiden Commentary, thanks for that, much appreciated! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

LooseCannon and elhefe, I'll add you to my MSN now!

Made a basic commentary for most b-sides/non-album tracks at [a href=\'http://www.geocities.com/colanderhands/B-SIDES.htm\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.geocities.com/colanderhands/B-SIDES.htm[/a]

If there's anything you want to add or any corrections on there, please let me know by PM, e-mail or replies here. I'm going to credit LooseCannon for some help he gave me with this, but as of yet he only helped with one song. Anyone else who helps I will credit.

If you want hosting there fucking TONS of space on our server
At least you wouldnt have Geocities shite bandwidth restrictions and banners ads

At the moment all I really want to do is get basic versions of the Bruce commentaries online. I would like it to be on Maidenfans at some stage (part of the IM Commentary?) but all that comes at a later date really.

Layouts, servers and stuff can be sorted out when I have a few pages done, and have a few pages to put together and make it a basic website that can be messed about with. That might be a while.

Mave, why don't you sign into MSN any more? [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Apr 23 2004, 09:03 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Apr 23 2004, 09:03 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Mave, why don't you sign into MSN any more? [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
'cause my msn is f*cked. No apparent reason, but my comp just won't take it... [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Apr 23 2004, 08:03 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Apr 23 2004, 08:03 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] At the moment all I really want to do is get basic versions of the Bruce commentaries online.  I would like it to be on Maidenfans at some stage (part of the IM Commentary?) but all that comes at a later date really.

Layouts, servers and stuff can be sorted out when I have a few pages done, and have a few pages to put together and make it a basic website that can be messed about with.  That might be a while.

Mave, why don't you sign into MSN any more? [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Ok, but my offer still stays. Since it's a payed server wich me and my two friends are sharing you get everything, how much space you want, and high bandwith.

Remember, my offer stays [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thanks Tiger, if I can't get it uploaded onto Maidenfans then I know who to ask [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It loads ok for me, RW. But then, they don't call it Geoshities for nothing.

I've added some more info to some of the b-sides, thanks to former Skunkworks bassist Chris Dale.

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Apr 24 2004, 02:18 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Apr 24 2004, 02:18 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Thanks Tiger, if I can't get it uploaded onto Maidenfans then I know who to ask [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It loads ok for me, RW.  But then, they don't call it Geoshities for nothing.

I've added some more info to some of the b-sides, thanks to former Skunkworks bassist Chris Dale. [/quote]
[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Chemical Wedding draft is now online. This one is a bit longer than the other one (not quite LooseCannon long but he ain't seen it yet so wait and see...) and I tried to cover all the symbolism but obviously I missed a bit out.

[a href=\'http://www.geocities.com/colanderhands/chemicalwedding.htm\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.geocities.com/colanderhands/chemicalwedding.htm[/a]

I might move them onto a Freewebs account later on. More space and it's also more reliable.

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Apr 24 2004, 09:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Apr 24 2004, 09:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Chemical Wedding draft is now online.  This one is a bit longer than the other one (not quite LooseCannon long but he ain't seen it yet so wait and see...) and I tried to cover all the symbolism but obviously I missed a bit out.

[a href=\'http://www.geocities.com/colanderhands/chemicalwedding.htm\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.geocities.com/colanderhands/chemicalwedding.htm[/a]

I might move them onto a Freewebs account later on.  More space and it's also more reliable. [/quote]
hmm, looks good... but it is the third album with Tribe Of Gypsies as far as I know [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] at least my copy of Balls To Picasso was recorded by them... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back