Anyone going to Maiden in Berlin?

MadMax

Invader
I could probably post this in the tour thread, but as it is, not many Germans around here and that thread is so crowded by now...

Anyway, I might be the only Berlin native in this forum and I'd really like to meet with some of you guys if anyone is coming to Berlin to see Maiden here! Maybe some of the German guys, maybe some others, doesn't matter :D I've got no one else going with me, so I might as well make some new friends!

Let me know! :ok:

You're not the only Berlin native. ;)

There's going to be a minor gathering of Maidenfans.com members, actually. Forostar, national_acrobat, Hunlord and I are all going, the former two are staying at my place. If you like, you can come over before the gig, we can have a couple of beers and then go- provided the others agree with that, of course. ;)

I'll just put this up again because it's going to be the day after tomorrow:

Foro and Nush are staying at my place. Hunlord will have his hotel but we need to trade tickets. MadMax and ansolutv have my number.

This may be one of the greatest board meetups of all times. SMX, Wasted, Loosey: If you have a few spare bucks: Join us. You know you want it. You'll always get tickets on the black market (a friend of mine is going to sell three of them).

If I had a passport and a thousand bucks, man, I'd be there. I'd be there.

Have fun, everyone! I hope it's going to be a lovely day/weekend!
And please take some photos (especially if you go to the film-museum). Forostar has a camera with him, but because of my forgetfulness there are no batteries in it :/
@Perun: Kiss Foro from me! :)

I will be checking this topic later. I hope to read here some updates and reports :))

Marta said:
Have fun, everyone! I hope it's going to be a lovely day/weekend!
And please take some photos (especially if you go to the film-museum). Forostar has a camera with him, but because of my forgetfulness there are no batteries in it :/

I have batteries, but I can't find my camera's SD card. Sounds like a good match. ;)

@Perun: Kiss Foro from me! :)

Err... we'll see about that. :p

Thanks for posting the photo! Cool!!
great that you enjoyed the evening ;)
I have heard the cover band did a good job too!

Well, it's not even 1:30, and everybody's asleep. Except for me, obviously.

The gig was great. I already knew the new songs they were playing, but a few of the other surprised me pleasantly.

I heard The Evil That Men Do five times already, but this time I didn't know they'd play it - and I didn't expect it. I thought they'd be playing Fear of the Dark at that point. But they didn't!  :yey:

And I fell in love with the backdrop they had for The Talisman. If anybody has a copy of that, please show me. I thought it was immensely beautiful.

Well, I guess the gig was standard high quality that we'd expect from our favourite band, so I won't bore you with a tedious report. But we had a lot of fun afterwards. There is a metal bar/club called Halford's here,  of which I am a semi-regular. I know the DJ very well. Anyway, there was a Maiden tribute act playing there called Powerslave whom I'd seen five or six years ago in Hamburg - the guitarist confirmed to me that they were the same band - and they were very good, playing rare Maiden songs like Afraid to Shoot Strangers or Infinite Dreams. Great fun, and there was a good party afterwards with lots of classic '80s metal.

Today we had a very small tour of Berlin and a party at my place. And here's a message to Marta: No, I didn't kiss your husband. I just shared a lot of drinks with him. I could tell he's married to a Pole for all the vodka he drank, but there's always room for more. :p Anyway, two bottles of Moskovskaya went like nothing. Dear, I'm noticing that I'm fairly pissed. Oh well, this is my place after all.

Anyway, it was a great weekend, and I enjoyed myself a lot. Too bad it had to end so soon. Let's hope we can repeat this asap.

:shred:

im in berlin for another week, let me know when you go back to Halford.
I enjoy that place very much.

ironic the club dj was sitting next to me at the concert

Perun: drinking vodka together is as intimate as kissing, so it's all ok ;)
I'm glad you've had such a lovely weekend!
Enjoy the walk to the station.

I myself will see Maiden on Wednesday :)

A great weekend! A big thanks to Perun once again, what a fantastic host. The gig was alright too.

Nice photos v. How long did you spend in Halford in the end? Marta, Forostar took some photos on my phone which are going on facebook now.

MadMax, I hope your toe's OK. ;)

national acrobat said:
A great weekend! A big thanks to Perun once again, what a fantastic host.

It was my pleasure. I had a great time with you guys over. There's just one thing that puzzles me: I got how you guys managed to tear down the world map, but how on earth did you manage to tear down my X Factor poster while leaving the pins in the wall?  :blink:

Back