Anybody else here who rates NPFTD his/her fave Maiden album? (or among the personal faves at least)

Really?? That Murray solo in the beginning of the song is one of my highlight moments of their greatest album. So, do you think the same about Deja Vu? Same formula.
For some reason it works better in Deja Vu, at least for me. Fates Warning is a great rocker and I feel it could immediately start out with the powerful chorus riff, instead of what we got. I think the main difference is that Deja Vu's intro is quite a bit shorter ("only" 30 seconds instead of 45) and the solo is more energetic and a bit faster. It builds up the energy for it to explode once the intro is over. Fates Warning's intro isn't bad; it's well written and performed, but for me you could edit the intro out and the song would be stronger for it.

Just curious. It's definitely my favourite Maiden album out of all. Funny enough, when it came out, I used to dislike the album and the whole concept around NPFTD, the stripped down stage design and all that. It was the first tour I saw them live, followed by any other tour after that for me.
I think the album is just as homogeneous as SSOASS, and I love all its darkness and aggression. And I'm always surprised that after all my fave Maiden album is one that does not have Adrian playing on it.

Your thoughts about it? I thought it be a good time to debate it since it was released 34 years ago these days.
'No Prayer For The Dying' is one of my favorites, because of its raw, dark, heavy atmosphere.

Back