Any parts of songs that remind you of past songs?

Private Benjamin Breeg said:
It really doesn't interest me, but thank you just the same.

I didn't realize how exhausting it is to click and sit through one of the best metal songs of all-time while you check your e-maill.

LooseCannon said:
Good man! Girl!

Yeah, SotC with Bruce never really interested me. He's his usual good on it, but I find Blaze to be sublimely brilliant. Again, I'm comparing with good boots from the tour, not the album; hard to tell how Bruce would sound with the album. A little like he does on WTWWB, anyway.

One of the best songs ever.

The boots I've heard aren't that great. Which gigs would you say are his best from that tour?

Babo 91 said:
I think its much faster than GOTN. Sounds  like the main riff from dio's dont talk to strangers
I agree with you..the rhythm is the same and the chord proggresion almost the same...but later it becomes very different and it's propably the best song in this album

Moonchild33 said:
I didn't realize how exhausting it is to click and sit through one of the best metal songs of all-time while you check your e-maill.

One of the best songs ever.

The boots I've heard aren't that great. Which gigs would you say are his best from that tour?

::)  You don't have to be snarky about it.  I'm sorry if my thoughts on Blaze rub you the wrong way.  I assure you, it's nothing personal.

What I mean to say is that I've just no real interest in pursuing Blaze as a solo artist.  Sorry to obviously disappoint with my lack of enthusiasm and I appreciate the effort just the same.  But to me it's a bit like saying "Here, I know you hate the Dallas Cowboys...so here's a link to their site where you can go learn something more about that thing you already have no interest in."  

If that makes me ignorant I'm perfectly fine with that.  I don't have the energy or time to explore every single thing that other people love, especially when I'm not fond of the man's contributions in Maiden to begin with.  Clearly that makes it tougher.   Even if I appreciate him more as a solo artist, I'm still not likely to enjoy his Maiden albums much more.  I haven't much over all these years.

Sorry.

Suicidehummer said:
... no it doesn't.

Out of the Shadow and into the sun
Dreams of the past as the old ways are done
Oh there is beauty and surely there is pain
But we must endure it to live again

Sing that bit over the clean outro of TMWWBK and it does.

I definitely wouldn't say butchers it, however that's probably the only Blaze era song they've performed since the reunion where Blaze definitely comes out ahead, in my opinion.

LordMaiden said:
Put down the crackpipe, dude.

Just a friendly warning, this is not the way you talk to moderators (or anyone else for that matter) around here.

The chorus to Talisman, where Bruce is stretching those high notes... it reminds me of the chorus to Wildest Dreams... a bit similar.

What? Apparently you missed our Sharon vs Bruce squabble last week.

Do you think I'm being disrespectful? I'm not.

Then again, I don't take offense to microscopic jabs anyway.

Perun did miss it, as he was on hiatus at the time. :)

And no, I don't think it is. Sorry. Bruce pitches too high when he sings it, especially the gallop. It's a mournful song.

LooseCannon said:
Perun did miss it, as he was on hiatus at the time. :)

And no, I don't think it is. Sorry. Bruce pitches too high when he sings it, especially the gallop. It's a mournful song.

Nothing to be sorry about.

We are so not going to agree on this.

I'm starting to think the base of our thoughts have everything to do with when we came into Maiden. It makes sense. If I came in during the Blaze era, I would most likely see things better from your perspective.

I came in just about exactly when BNW was released. The first three Maiden songs I heard, in order, were Alexander the Great, The Clansman, and SotC. I bought Powerslave and the 1-CD of BotB the next week.

So, every album from Iron Maiden - Virtual XI were like...catching up. Then I was in to BNW, which is still my favourite album, but possibly not because I was new, because I truly think it's their best. Though Powerslave keeps tugging at the door.

I think if were put into a room for eight hours, we would die from Maiden debate exhaustion. It's kind of cool, actually.

I should apologize for the crackpipe comment. I didn't mean anything by it. Its just street talk but I forget how many people from here are from different cultures across the world too.

Viper1288 said:
Out of the Shadow and into the sun
Dreams of the past as the old ways are done
Oh there is beauty and surely there is pain
But we must endure it to live again

Sing that bit over the clean outro of TMWWBK and it does.

Nope.

Most of the Talisman reminds me of Rime more than it does Navigator.  It's the constant galloping and ball snared singing that gets me.  Rime, to me, is still the epic of epics, because it's still got lots of tempo and good ole' metal going one.  The Talisman really carries that vibe for me.

The other obvious one is Isle Of Avalon has the quiet part that sounds very similar to the breakdown in SSOASS.  All good stuff.

Back