Another ruined experience - August 14, Basle

Eddies Wingman said:
In my opinion,
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
has never sounded better than on this tour. I've seen videos (including LAD) of the song from the earlier tours where it was played, and I really think this one is the best. Not only does Bruce sound better now than in many shows from 1985 and later in the 80s, but H has refined his solo with some new elements that in my opinion sound better than earlier live versions.

I miss Bruce's evil laughing from the video though.

Back in the Village said:
I would like to watch Maiden from a seat at some point so i can take everything in, the pyros, Eddie, Bruce up the platforms, Jan and 'Arry tear arsing around like headless chickens, Adrian and Dave making it all look effortless, Nicko bashing the skins (sounds a bit rude that!!) but I bet 20 minutes in I would be wishing I had bought a standing ticket so I could be in the middle of the mob getting my head kicked in!!!

I've once been at a gig at a seat (Megadeth), and it sucked big time.  It's painful to watch all the lucky ones down in the field who are actually doing something instead of just sitting and politely clapping at the end of a song.

And Maiden's audience was relatively calm compared to Slayer audience which I was at just three weeks before the Maiden gig.  There it wasn't about the music as much as it was about just staying alive.  I remember only the last two songs, the rest passed me by completely.

Yeah, I remember when I was looking forward to that Milky Way chocolate bar I had purchased before going to work and unfortunately forgot it in my car. then... when I remembered it as I left work 6 hours later I was psyched. I mean, it's a Milky Way chocolate bar, my mouth began to water just thinking of its tasty nugget, creamy caramel and perfect chewy consistency. But when I opened my car the fucker was hotter than an oven! That's right I live in Hell, AKA Arizona where tempetures reach 50 celsius in the shade and my chocolate bar looked more like Mr. Hanky than the ambrosia portrayed in tv ads... THAT ruined my day...

Onhell said:
Yeah, I remember when I was looking forward to that Milky Way chocolate bar I had purchased before going to work and unfortunately forgot it in my car. then... when I remembered it as I left work 6 hours later I was psyched. I mean, it's a Milky Way chocolate bar, my mouth began to water just thinking of its tasty nugget, creamy caramel and perfect chewy consistency. But when I opened my car the fucker was hotter than an oven! That's right I live in Hell, AKA Arizona where tempetures reach 50 celsius in the shade and my chocolate bar looked more like Mr. Hanky than the ambrosia portrayed in tv ads... THAT ruined my day...

That's why you don't open it, go home, freeze it, and then eat it later.  :)

I understand what you mean, Onhell. It's a terrible tragedy. Did you buy a new one?

Sure did, it was a Snickers this time, because for the same price of a Three Musketeers or a Milky Way I get the bonus of peanuts!

Snickers is the best candy bar, imho. Come to think of it, it has to be at least a year since I last had one.

Wow, after reading this I feel lucky about my lot at the Stockholm gig. I don't think I would have made it out of there alive. Still, I knew what I was getting into when I bought my standing ticket.  And boy was it worth it :).

I had awesome seats , 15th row at the Camden NJ show. No floor seats because it was an amphitheater. Lawn seats in the back was packed. I remember when Maiden played mostly arenas(we did'nt have too many outdoor music theaters back in the 1980's)  I had floor seats at the New Haven Coliseum, Madison Square Garden and Nassau Coliseum.New Haven was the 10th row and was an awesome experience(it was the World Slavery Tour!!). MSG was 22nd row, SomeWhere on Tour and was ok, not great but not really terrible and was able to see most. Nassau was 2nd row from the back of the floor and sucked ass. I could'nt see a damn thing, even standing on my seat and getting yelled at by the security guards. The rest of the shows I never got floor seats again and saw a better view of the stage. Even though the stage rushes were awesome, they did tend to get a little out of hand. Now I had floor seats for Pantera when they were on tour for Vulgar....that made the Maiden shows look like Lawrence Welk lol.

Perun said:
Snickers is the best candy bar, imho. Come to think of it, it has to be at least a year since I last had one.

I think Kit Kats are the most under rated candy bar. Twix comes a close second.

Back