Amorphis

How to start the next Amorphis Survivor?

• Total voters
After another listen through some of them are jumping out and grabbing me now, just bits and pieces in certain songs. I'm much preferring this to Queen of Time.

I heard The Moon quite a while ago, so that's now a little bit old to me. When The Gods Came is a standout one for me now and now that Northwards has sunk in, there's so much to like about it.

Amorphis have released a new song, The Well. I somehow missed that this was happening, as it's a bonus track on the 'Tour Edition' version of Halo they've just released.

Not a bad song, if not entirely standout on first couple of listens, as it's so similar to quite a bit of their last two albums. Still nice to get something new, though. With luck they'll perform it live when I see them on the 24th.

"The Well" ok song, not bad but it maybe just feel anything really special.
I think they've now been doing the "too same" thing for quite awhile..hopefully the next album would have some sort of newer thing or surprise.

Same feeling here. It's a shame when Death of a King was such a standout album (brave bringing it out the same day as a Maiden album too!).

And don't get me wrong, I've liked and loved Amorphis for quite long time, now just the latest album left me still a bit cold even if I have given it plenty of time and spins. It eventually became the first Amorphis-album that I didn't buy on the release and decided still pass it..

Yeah, when I go back to albums like Skyforger, I'm left reminiscing!

Still looking forward to seeing them with Eluveitie and Dark Tranquillity in a couple of weeks time.

Back