Alternative cover for TFF Mission Edition

LogJam

Invader
Hello all,

I noticed something cool that you can do with the Mission Edition. If you flip over the booklet, you can use the band picture as a cover. It looks really good (I think), and it is also nicely framed in the circular viewing area (although Adrian is cut off quite a bit). It also goes with the whole theme of the album - it looks as if you are looking through a spaceship viewport or window and seeing these 6 mysterious, shadowed figures. Bruce seems to be beckoning or reaching for the viewer, and the stars and smoke in the background enhance the effect.

I doubt this reversability of the booklet is intentional, but it comes together nicely. I urge all TFF-ME owners to give it a shot, I'm certainly going to use it to spice things up aesthetically every now and then.

Contrary thoughts welcome, of course  :)

PS - I wasn't sure whether this deserved its own thread... but I haven't made a thread here yet, so I thought I might as well  :innocent:

Hehe well found.

(This photo also reminded me a bit of an artwork my brother made for a project of mine.
m_e1f5c00091aa4dc0b4fd8381a219f42f.jpg
)

It had the same effect on me when I turned it around. Would have been a great cover with Eddie hovering over the band! :D

Nice one Loggie! The photo is very cool. I cannot get over how it makes Janick seem like a teenager and Nico looks like a new band member. Great idea to flip it to spice things up. On the subject of the official cover, I actually really love it. The detail is quite intrinsic.

And how cool is the artwork on the page of lyrics for The Talisman!

Thanks MDR  :ok:

The photo is indeed very well done. Dave and Adrian look quite relaxed, Janick looks like a crazy madman teenager, Steve just looks awesome, and Bruce is doing the whole 'first contact' pose. Nicko looks really creepy. He looks like a zombie or something. Also, am I just going crazy or does it look like he has massive black shadows under his eyes? They make him look like a zombie or skeleton. From space. Which is awesome.

I'm loving the official cover as well. I don't know if it's the absence of the text, but it really comes across a lot more realistic and less in-your-face cartoony. I also noticed that the foreground alien astronaut is clutching something in his left hand. At first I thought it was a control joystick but the orientation of his hand doesn't seem right, it looks like he is holding something towards his chest, and his hand is at an almost horizontal position - almost like he is holding a pole or rod that is impaling him. Just a little mysterious detail  :)

The entire booklet is jam packed with fantastic artwork. I've found that looking at the artwork and getting into a majestic, sci-fi mood really enhances the listening experience. This happened most profoundly when listening to Mother of Mercy and looking at the relevant booklet artwork. That page is fantastic. The main planet with a belt of close-knit asteroids, the moon nearby, and the fiery volcanic planet in the top left corner, set against a beautiful nebula in the middle of the left page. Marvelous.

One last thing, and I have no proof of this, but I do so recall stating at the beginning of the year (when whispers of Maiden's next album were popping up) that it would be awesome if they did a sci-fi album, but more traditionally as opposed to the time-travelling of SIT. Well, my dream came true  :bigsmile:

Back