All the VXI songs come to life live

A

Anonymous

From the bootlegs i own, these widely critiscised VXI songs really come to life live, i think this shows that the restricted nature of the production and the lack of real passion in the studio let the album down as when played live on the vxi tour, all of these songs are amazing (apart from como estais -they didnt play it [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

They were pretty good live, but then again what isn't with Maiden? I myself think the Virtual XI album is pretty good, above average. Obviously it's not perfect and maybe its something the band want to forget about now (Although its debatable if they want to remember any of their albums because every time they make one and do the tour I think that they put it behind them and start again.)

[!--QuoteBegin-mcbrainlegend+Sep 16 2004, 07:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mcbrainlegend @ Sep 16 2004, 07:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Vxi songs are great live
ANd its a better album than no prayer, fotd, killers, dance of death
[snapback]86767[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Npftd, fotd, and killers maybe- but not Dance of Death..no way.

[!--QuoteBegin-ohgar_boy+Sep 16 2004, 07:55 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ohgar_boy @ Sep 16 2004, 07:55 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Npftd, fotd, and killers maybe- but not Dance of Death..no way.
[snapback]86774[/snapback]​
[/quote]
im not sure lol

[!--QuoteBegin-mcbrainlegend+Jul 30 2004, 07:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mcbrainlegend @ Jul 30 2004, 07:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]apart from como estais -they didnt play it [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]79738[/snapback]​
[/quote]
if you want to hear CEA live, get some BLAZE bootlegs. As with the rest of the album, it only gets better when played live.

[!--QuoteBegin-mcbrainlegend+Sep 16 2004, 07:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mcbrainlegend @ Sep 16 2004, 07:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Vxi songs are great live
ANd its a better album than no prayer, fotd, killers, dance of death
[snapback]86767[/snapback]​
[/quote]
You must be high. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-DOD=WEAK+Jun 1 2005, 12:44 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DOD=WEAK @ Jun 1 2005, 12:44 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] My life IS all about hating DOD.
[snapback]106603[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You have a very pathetic and sad life my friend. Your slave mentality is severe and I can't comprehend why put DOD on your nick if you hate it so much.... Grow up, going through your posts i like going through a five-year-olds attempts at writting.

Onhell, you're speaking to thin air. DOD=WEAK has been banned for some time now. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

LOL why am I the last one to know this things? I guess that's what I get for checking this place once every three days. Thanks for the FYI

Well, even a song like The Apparition could come to life live.

It doesn't matter..the atmosphere is different and every song sounds electrifying.

I do not consider Virtual XI better than No Prayer for the Dying, since I choose rawness above the somewhat weak softy production of Virtual XI. But I think it's a bit better than FOTD en even the debut album. Mostly because I like complexity and with the exception of a few songs FOTD and Iron Maiden didn't make it.

To me Dance of Death is not even a bad album, it's actualy quite good, I only realized that quite recently.In my eyes Dance of Death is what Virtural 11 could of been had the album had Bruce and Adrian on it and better production and a little bit more work on the songs. Virtual 11 to me is a solid 6.5 to me, I like some of the songs on the album like Futureal,The Clansman and The Educated fool and even Lightning strikes twice and When 2 worlds colide are decent tracks and while I like these tracks, my problem is with the lifelessness of so many of the songs especially the gutiars. There actually is some great stuff on this album but the production and of course Blaze being on the vocals kinda takes it back quite a bit. TAATG and DLTTEOAS are songs that should of been cut or atleast had musical sections tooken out and put or made into another song. With all this being said it isn't a terrible album but it isn't a good album either. Here is how it ranks on my list.
1.Powerslave. 10/10
2.Seventh son of a Seventh son. 9.8/10
3.The Number of the Beast. 9.6/10
4.Peice of Mind. 9.5/10
5.Iron Maiden. 9.3/10
6.Somewhere in Time. 9.5/10
7.Brave New World. 9.5/10
8.Killers. 8.7/10
9.The Book of Souls. 8.6/10
10.The Final Frontier. 8.4/10
11.A Matter of Life and Death. 8.3/10
12.Dance of Death. 8.1/10
13.No Prayer for the Dying. 7.9/10
14.Fear of the Dark. 7.4/10
15.Virtual XI. 6.5/10
16.The X Factor. 6.3/10

Both the X-Factor and Virtual XI obviously both suffer from bad production. In the X-Factor's case, I feel like it adds to the surreal atmosphere of the album even though it isn't great and think the songs have more oomph and energy live. But on Virtual XI it's just bad and drags the album down immensely.

If you improve the production values and subtract Angel & The Gambler and Don't Look, Virtual XI is actually a pretty solid album. Those two songs just happen to be the rock bottom worst of Maiden's catalogue.

Back