Alice Cooper to be inducted into R'n'R hall of fame

Excellent stuff, I'm a huge fan of the original Alice Cooper Band, and quite a bit of his solo work too.

Frankly, I don't get it.  The notion that the Alice Cooper Band is in, but bands like Maiden, Priest and even Kiss (whom I hate) are not, is a bit absurd.  As we discovered during Alice Cooper Week on Maidenfans, there isn't a lot of great material in this guy's repertoire. 

I think Alice is better when it's occasional songs on shuffle. I like those. An entire album, however, is tiresome.

This phenomenon is what I call "Slayer syndrome".

This 'hall of fame' has no meaning to me at all. Just like the Grammies.

SinisterMinisterX said:
This phenomenon is what I call "Slayer syndrome".

I can't agree with you on that. Not the Alice Cooper shuffle, but the "Slayer syndrome". While it is true that especially on the earlier albums, the songs tend to sound similar to each other, the albums as a whole are usually short enough to warrant not becoming tiresome.

I think it is great Alice is in, Maiden should be in too (as should Deep Purple, Kiss, and many other bands).

Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame sucks. No Maiden, No Priest, No Kiss, No Deep Purple, but Michael Jackson gets to be inducted twice?! WTF?!

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke from an inductions point of view; however, the museum associated with it is apparently really cool. Dad had a great time when he was there, and he ran into Pete Townshend at the same time.

I think MJ's second induction is deserved. But you're right the fact that Deep Purple and KISS aren't in is just mind boggling to me.

Well I just watched the induction ceremony and I've decided that heavy metal artists don't belong there. Something about watching all those other inductees doing old time rock and roll and then Alice Cooper coming in with his makeup and pet snake playing comparatively heavy music wasn't right. Heavy Metal artists need their own Hall Of Fame. That being said, until they do get their own, they should be let in for their heavy contributions. (no pun intended)

They should rename R'N'R Hall Of Fame to just Hall Of Fame, with different sections for metal, r'n'r, hard rock, rap, pop and other stuff...

No, I think it should just be plain old time Rock And Roll and some modern stuff. Mainstream type of thing. Let the Metal guys have their own hall. Run DMC seemed more in place than Metallica did in 2009.

Feverdog said:
Hall of fame means nothing to me but i think Alice is great so well done  :yey:

Exactly, how you can have a RNR hall of fame without bands like Deep Purple, Maiden, Kiss, etc is beyond me and I think the place is a joke.  However, it is cool seeing Alice get some time in the spotlight, he deseves it and hopefully some people will get turned onto his music.

I think it's a good sign that Alice got in! He was before Kiss, Priest and Maiden. With them letting Sabbath, Metallica and Alice in, it seems like their starting to open up to Metal! When James Hetfield gave his speech he mentioned all the Metal and hard rock bands that should be in the hall. AC/DC, Aerosmith and Van Halen are in, so there are some bands in there but nearly enough that deserve to be. When I went to the RNR Hall of fame the only good thing was they had Randy Rhoads black and white flying v in there!

I think these artists have to be in there:
KISS
Deep Purple
Rush
Guns And Roses
Ozzy Osbourne
Dio

After that, I can be somewhat more happy.

Stallion Duck said:
I think these artists have to be in there:
KISS
Deep Purple
Rush
Guns And Roses
Ozzy Osbourne
Dio

After that, I can be somewhat more happy.
And Priest. Black Sabbath and Priest pretty much founded Metal.

Back