Albums in the order of which you got them.

This is similar to the "Bought first" topic, but I am curious to find out what order everyone got the albums in, and any albums that they may be missing.
For me:
Piece of Mind
The Number of the Beast
Powerslave
Seventh Son
Somewhere in Time
Brave New World
A Matter of Life and Death
Dance of Death
The Final Frontier
Killers
Fear of the Dark (not sure if before or after TXF)
The X Factor
Virtual XI
No Prayer for the Dying
Iron Maiden

Powerslave + Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Piece of Mind + Somewhere in Time
Iron Maiden
Brave New World
Dance of Death
The Number of the Beast + Killers
The X Factor
Virtual XI
Fear of the Dark
No Prayer For The Dying
The Final Frontier

A Matter of Life and Death was the first one I bought upon release. The first four I bought in 2004.

I should mention I got TNOTB and PoM at the same time, as well as Virtual XI/No Prayer, BNW/AMOLAD, and Powerslave/Seventh Son.

1. The Final Frontier
2. A Matter of Life and Death
3. All the other albums except for Dance of Death and Iron Maiden
4. Dance of Death
5. Iron Maiden

Albums? This is difficult because I bought the first ten in a relatively short period (Autumn 1991 - Spring/Summer(?) 1992).
This order is entirely different from the hearing order. I waited the longest with buying albums I already knew, because I preferred to get new Maiden music. I was highly motivated by the footage of "Caught Somewhere in Time" & "Wasted Years" on the 12 Wasted Years-video which I bought before all studio albums.

1 Live After Death
2 Somewhere in Time + 3 Piece of Mind
4 Powerslave
5 Iron Maiden
6 Killers

7 - 10
The Number of the Beast
No Prayer For the Dying
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Fear of the Dark

(I am the least sure of these four. I might have collected Beast, No Prayer and Seventh Son, before FOTD came out, but I may have bought one or two not long after FOTD came out)

11 A Real Live One ->  ? The Final Frontier
(all albums in order of release)

A Matter Of Life and Death (present from ma girl)
Flight666 cd
Flight666 dvd
Powerslave
The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden
Brave New World
Fear of The Dark
Somewhere in Time
Killers
Piece of Mind
No Prayer for the Dying

(a short break)

No Prayer for the Dying
Dance of Death
The Final Frontier

Rock in Rio cd/dvd
Live after Death cd/dvd
Death on the Road cd/dvd
Live at Donington cd
Somewhere back in Time
the Early Days

The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
Different World
No More Lies (also present)
Out of the Silent Planet

Ithink thats roughly correct  :lol:

Piece of Mind was my first when it came out.  Then NOTB, Killers and IM.  The rest I got were in the order that they came out.

1. Piece of Mind
2. Powerslave
3. Notb / Killers (bought at the same time)
5. Iron Maiden
6. Somewhere in Time
7. Seventh Son
8. No Prayer
9. Fear of the Dark
10. Brave New World*
11. Dance of Death
12. AMOLAD
13. TFF

* Between BNW and DoD I downloaded a few TXF songs from my brother in law, but not the full album

I must have got 'The Number of the Beast' first but I honestly couldn't tell you what order I got the rest in. When I was getting into Iron Maiden (late 2005) HMV conveniently had all Maiden's albums available for £5 each (then Virgin took their price down as well) so I bought the vast majority of them in a short space of time. The last one I got before AMOLAD was released would have been 'Death on the Road' several months prior to AMOLAD's release.

Flash, can I judge from this you are a new fan, hooked by Final Frontier?
For me it was:
Killers then Beast within a weeks of each other.
Piece of Mind when it was released
Everything up to Fear of the Dark when it was released, with the debut somewhere in that mix.
A big dry spell until Virtual XI, a year or two after it was released.
Brave New World on release
Dance of Death on release
The X Factor
AMOLAD on release
Final Frontier on release

Already bought:
1. The Final Frontier

Plan to get on my birthday:
2. Somewhere in Time
3. Powerslave
4. Matter of Life and Death
5. Dance of Death

Do we have any non-stop-loyal American Maiden fans on this forum who did buy a Blaze-era album when it came out?

I was busy not being alive and subsequently learning how to walk. :)

Forostar said:
Do we have any non-stop-loyal American Maiden fans on this forum who did buy a Blaze-era album when it came out?

I listened to TXF at the store when it came out but passed for a few reasons (I also skipped A Real Dead One having been extremely disappointed with the quality (okay, Bruce's voice) of A Real Live One). 1) I really did not like No Prayer or FotD, so even a Bruce-fronted IM album may have been a pass for me at the time; 2) The whole "Raising Hell" debacle really soured me on Maiden in general; 3) I had actually bought Live Fast, Die Fast when it was a new release, so I already had exposure to Blaze (and was not a fan); 4) I was listening to very different music in '96 (Pavement, Olivia Tremor Control, Radiohead, Ween, Archers of Loaf, Neutral Milk Hotel, etc).; 5) No Adrian

I still have not heard VXI all of the way through, having made several unsuccesful attempts at fully enjoying TXF over the past 15 years.
Of course once Maiden "reformed" I was very pleasantly surprised and quickly got back into Maiden, having basically written them off for the prior 7+ years.

Forostar said:

Foro for me, it wasn't completely a Blaze thing, it was also largely a lifestyle thing.
For most of the '90s, music just became less of a priority for me.
Fell in love, finished college, got married, launched a career, had a kid, bought a house — that stuff was my focus.
And at the same time, the heavy music scene I loved had morphed into a wasteland of break-ups and hairband poseurs, and I wasn't ready to embrace the new stuff that was emerging to fill the void.
Bruce leaving was a huge nail in that coffin
I think I was vaguely aware the boys were going to continue with a new singer, but I had really stopped paying close attention.
I remember a close friend playing me X Factor, shaking his head with sad eyes.
I've learned to love it since, but back then I had to agree. It sure as hell wasn't The Evil That Men Do. I moved on.
It was nearly the end of the decade before I realized how much I missed music.
Ironically enough, it was the much-maligned Virtual XI — found discarded at a used CD shop — that really brought me back in.
That's why I'll always have a soft spot for that album.

mckindog said:
Ironically enough, it was the much-maligned Virtual XI — found discarded at a used CD shop — that really brought me back in.
That's why I'll always have a soft spot for that album.

Wow. So VXI got a "prodigal son" to return home ... not bad!

I think this is accurate.

The Number of the Beast
Somewhere in Time
Powerslave
Seventh Son
Iron Maiden
Killers
Piece of Mind
No Prayer
Fear of the Dark
Virtual XI
The X Factor
Brave New World
Dance of Death
The Final Frontier

I'm only certain about the order of the first four and the last six, and I got Somewhere in Time through Piece of Mind within one or two months.

Number of the Beast
Brave New World
Iron Maiden
Fear of the Dark
Somewhere in Time
Dance of Death
The X Factor
Piece of Mind
Virtual XI
Powerslave
No Prayer for the Dying