Album rankings per person

Re: The 1980s - album rankings per person

I will give my points in the near future. There is  any given limit date for this ?

Eddies Wingman said:
But first of all, I really think this choice should not be up to each voter, it should have been dictated by the poll's administrator (LooseCannon). As it is now, some rate the songs relative to music in general, others rate them relative to other Maiden songs only. Of course, with many voters for each song we'll still see the relative order between the songs becoming fairly accurate.

This was done completely on purpose, EW. I am not establishing a hierarchy for how people vote. I am just asking them to vote. Their methodology is their own.

Rotam said:
I will give my points in the near future. There is  any given limit date for this ?

Not really, I guess.

Thanks, Prowler, but you didn't. You forgot some songs and in the ones you did post, you haven't always mentioned your rankings. Please do, cheers!

Eddies Wingman said:
I'm more in line with Forostar here. I give 10 to songs I love, and 1 to songs I think are awful. I actually think it would be more interesting if everyone did this, because then we'd see how different members rated their least favourite Maiden songs relative to really bad music. I have so far not gone below 4 and I probably won't either. There may be a few more fours, but not many.

This is the way I've been handling it.

I made up the following key when we started:
10: rare, all-time classic, even by Maiden standards — I don't expect to give out more than a dozen or so.
9: a great, great song, a 10 by almost any other band
8: an excellent song
7: a good song — I expect a majority of Maiden tracks fall in the 7 to 9 range
6: a decent song — like it, don't love it.
5: meh
4: don't like it

1,2 and 3 would be variations of bad to absolute shit. And Maiden doesn't go there.

That's pretty much how I do it as well. The 1 is reserved for annoying eurodance and auto-tune abuse, stuff that makes me turn off the radio immediately if it comes on and otherwise is only played in places I never go. Everything from 7 upwards is really good.

Forostar said:
Not really, I guess.

Thanks, Prowler, but you didn't. You forgot some songs and in the ones you did post, you haven't always mentioned your rankings. Please do, cheers!
Oh sorry, I'll get to that.

mckindog said:
I made up the following key when we started:
10: rare, all-time classic, even by Maiden standards — I don't expect to give out more than a dozen or so.
9: a great, great song, a 10 by almost any other band
8: an excellent song
7: a good song — I expect a majority of Maiden tracks fall in the 7 to 9 range
6: a decent song — like it, don't love it.
5: meh
4: don't like it

Makes sense, very close to my ratings, though I consider 7 a decent song, and 6 already mediocre.  My votes for Iron Maiden might be a bit off, since I hadn't established a clear system yet, and I still find myself making votes that I wish I could change.

Alright, I think I've done all of them now, let me know if I missed anything again  :ok:

mckindog said:
1,2 and 3 would be variations of bad to absolute shit. And Maiden doesn't go there.
A good system... I question some of us who are giving out ones and twos for Maiden tunes. When I rate a song with a one, it's Celine Dion or Alvin and the Chipmunks...

I think those who give Maiden songs a 1, are not comparing to other music at all, and that Celine Dion would score something like -5 if the same scale was used  :p

Prowler_108 said:
Alright, I think I've done all of them now, let me know if I missed anything again  :ok:

I added the Killers album but you forgot these debut album songs:
Sanctuary
Phantom of the Opera
Strange World
Charlotte the Harlot

Thanks, added. Also added NOTB, Powerslave & SSOASS for Prowler_108.

I just voted for the first album. Now what follows ?  :blush:

Wait for Foro to get his act together!

:ninja:

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is done.

Moonchild : 8
Infinite Dreams : 10
Can I Play With Madness : 5
The Evil That Men Do : 10
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son : 10
The Prophecy : 7
The Clairvoyant : 10
Only the Good Die Young : 8

Thanks, I'dd add you. Don't forget to check my reaction in the SSOASS judgement topic.

Back