Album opener

The Wicker Man... not only in Brave New World but also in Rock In RIo.

Wildest Dreams, it creates a good mood for the album even though itself is a good song but is not amazing via maiden standards

In my opinion, the best openers for effect are Be Quick Or Be Dead and The Wicker Man. The best song in the slot of an opener, however, is Aces High.

Prowler.

The first song on Maiden's first album. Great way to start 25 years of the best band in the world. The beginning is a perfect way to start, way to go Maiden!

I see that no one has chosen Tailgunner. Well I think I will. Aces High to.

[!--QuoteBegin-theClansman001+Oct 15 2005, 01:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(theClansman001 @ Oct 15 2005, 01:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I see that no one has chosen Tailgunner. Well I think I will. Aces High to.
[snapback]120414[/snapback]​
[/quote]

You can't vote for two songs [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well it depends..............it changes everyday, but right now......Where Eagles Dare

^^
Named after the Trivium album right?

Anyways....I think i've posted in this one...[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Wicker Man all the way though!

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Madness+Jun 29 2005, 09:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Madness @ Jun 29 2005, 09:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Wildest Dreams! Just kidding.  Ides of March for sure! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]110565[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Wildest Dreams might not be the best opener, but there's nothing wrong with it.

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Oct 19 2005, 12:06 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Oct 19 2005, 12:06 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think that 'Where Eagles Dare' or 'Invaders' are the best openers. I agree with Perun about 'Tailgunner', that song is crap, but Aces high is good though.
[snapback]120682[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Theres nothing wrong with Tailgunner...I think its an underrated song, Steves backing vocals on the chorus sound pretty good...

To me, 'Caught Somewhere in Time' is still the best opener.I wish they would play that song live again.

Caught Somewhere in Time is good and so is Different World...but the best of all time has got to be Aces High.

Moonchild.  I could listen to the intro up to 'I am he...the bornless one' all day...Bruce's first line just chills me.

I definately have to go with Aces High. One of my all time favourite Maiden songs in general.

Can Perun, or some other mod, please add in the poll again.

Since the last time, I have changed my mind.  "Where Eagles Dare" is a great track but "The Wickerman" just about takes it on cheesiness :D

I love The Wicker Man, until the "whoohoo" in the end, it sinks the song to me.

I'd have to say Invaders - fast, furious and a really great song. On 2nd I'd say Futureal.

Caught Somewhere in Time

other great openers:

Prowler
Aces High
Moonchild
Be Quick Or Be Dead
Futureal

Moonchild - Its got a great build up, its pacey and it just kicks  arse.
However, Nicko's arrival in Where Eagles Dare is still legendary B)

Back