Album artwork detail

A

Anonymous

The artwork for Live After Death and especially Somewhere in Time are just fantastic, aren't they? I just spotted a detail on the Somewhere in Time cover - between Eddie's legs, under the "Pizza Hut" sign, there is a black cat with a halo.

A similar cat appears in the graveyard on the Live After Death sleeve. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this, and if it appears in any other pictures? Is there anything it might represent?

Apologies if something about this has been posted before. I've had a quick look through the Maiden FAQ but couldn't see anything....

Cheers

Something exactly like this appeared on the BB yesterday. Are you the same person? If so, look up the [a href=\'http://maidenfans.com/imc\' target=\'_blank\']IMC[/a] for details like artwork and miscellaneous Maiden trivia!

While the Commentary has a lot of information, it may not have everything. In this case, though I've noticed the cat before myself, I don't recall reading about it on the Commentary or anywhere else - and therefore I don't know what it means (if anything).

Well the black cat is the Devils' pet in popular christian belief, so it having a halo around it's head may seem like a contradiction, or maybe the devils' attempt to seem innocent, disguising himself as a saint....

I'm not sure , but I think that I read someplace that the cat is Dereks cat....maybe his now deceased cat....Its also seen on the S.I.T. tourbook cover.

Back