1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid to Shoot Strangers

Discussion in 'Fear Of The Dark' started by Anonymous, Feb 21, 2004.

?

How good is Afraid to Shoot Strangers on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

45.7%
  2. 9

20.0%
  3. 8

31.4%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TFF 01

TFF 01 Trooper

This is one of my favorite songs ever.  I give it a 10.  The middles section is beautiful, but I've always wondered...who plays it?

2. Wyrdskein

Wyrdskein Invader

A good song, but not that much going on in it. I give it a 7.

3. The Mid-Distance Runner

The Mid-Distance Runner Climb like a lemur!!

Re: Daily Song: Afraid to Shoot Strangers

Foro, you have just done me a huge favour.  This album has always disappointed me, yet having read your comments I have re-listened to this album and have enjoyed it for the first time.  It is what it is and you can certainly hear the future of Maiden throughout the album.  I can't wait to see them live in a month's time!! \m/

4. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

That's nice! :) I am glad that I helped a bit with an alternative/new look at this album.

5. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

My favorite song off the album. Great depressive atmosphere with an amazing harmony section. One of the best of the 90's Maiden. 10/10.

6. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

The best song on the album. 9/10. There was potential with this one but it kind of drops off after the slow intro which is an anomaly.

7. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

9/10 from me as well! Bruce's rather annoying voice is the only reason why not 10.

8. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

10/10, Another personal favourite of mine, good lyrics, really like the song when it speeds up.

9. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Intro is good, but maybe a little overlong. Melodies are amazing. I have to say that Blaze never sang this song as good as Bruce. 9/10.

10. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

One of the best '90s Maiden songs, for sure. I actually prefer the live version with Blaze, i like the way he sings it. Bruce of the '80s or late '90s would kill Blaze's interpretation, but not Bruce of the early '90s. Nine.

11. 10. One of the best on the album. Very epic, and I think it's awesome live with Bruce and Blaze. Great solos.

12. mtmccox

mtmccox Ancient Mariner

10. One of my very favourites, awesome melodies, lyrics etc etc and very fun to play

13. Revelations85

Revelations85 Trooper

10/10. Absolutely amazing. I love the lead guitars.

14. Cody Cameron

Cody Cameron Godzilla Freak

A great song. I know it is about a soldier in the Gulf War. However, I personally like to think of it as a kind of wild west theme to it like an outlaw feeling guilty about shooting people. Just my personal twist on it, but if you've ever played Red Dead Redemption, you'll know what I'm talking about.

maidenpriest and Dityn DJ James like this.
  15. Ray K.

Ray K. Invader

It took a very long time for this song to grow on me and I'm not exactly sure why. I don't think it is a bad song. Some of the transitions are weird to me. The ending is my favorite part of the song. I like the music and the mood it portrays underneath the repetition of ATSS. Overall, I don't not like this song it is just that I feel like I should like this ATSS more than I do.

16. On July 16 in Buffalo, Bruce introduced the song as a soldier's perspective if when it came the time to pull the trigger, would he really ahve the balls to do it. By the way, it was awesome live that night. Totally nailed it.

Ray K. likes this.
  17. craigim

craigim Invader

A 10 for me. I love this song. I have even admitted to my family. I sometimes get emotional when i hear it. Without a doubt one of my all time faves.

18. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

One of the best musical breaks in all of Maiden. Love this song. It's got a weird feeling to it, but I love the tonality.

I used to cover the second half of this song with my band in 8th grade...

19. Garcia666

Garcia666 Prowler

Does anyone know which date the live video version of ATSS with Blaze was recorded and where?

20. THESEVENTHMARINER

THESEVENTHMARINER Ancient Mariner

I think it's from Monsters of Rock festival in 1996.

:)