Adrian Smith

Technically, Adrian was playing music and recording it before that, with the Untouchables and before that, the Skeleton Crew. He has said that he has a whole live album of the Untouchables stuff and he might release it one day. But, otherwise, as far as offical releases go, yes this was the return of Adrian to the music business.
The only years he wasnt playing music are around 1990-1991 as far as I can tell.

On the Stars song, isnt Dave in the chorus? (on the video where it shows them all standing singing). The interview for the guitarists was pretty impressive seeing all the guitar talent there in one place.....but I prefer the Rock Aid Armenia "Smoke on the Water" video.....(Dickinson and Gillan = the perfect singing duo). I believe Adrian is also on Rock Aid Armenia too.
Something like those should be done again, having Rush, Yes, Iron Maiden, Queen, Deep Purple, Black Sabath and loads of others on the same song just has to be a recipe for awesome-ness.
Technically, Adrian was playing music and recording it before that, with the Untouchables and before that, the Skeleton Crew. He has said that he has a whole live album of the Untouchables stuff and he might release it one day. But, otherwise, as far as offical releases go, yes this was the return of Adrian to the music business.
The only years he wasnt playing music are around 1990-1991 as far as I can tell.

On the Stars song, isnt Dave in the chorus? (on the video where it shows them all standing singing). The interview for the guitarists was pretty impressive seeing all the guitar talent there in one place.....but I prefer the Rock Aid Armenia "Smoke on the Water" video.....(Dickinson and Gillan = the perfect singing duo). I believe Adrian is also on Rock Aid Armenia too.
Something like those should be done again, having Rush, Yes, Iron Maiden, Queen, Deep Purple, Black Sabath and loads of others on the same song just has to be a recipe for awesome-ness.

Adrian had no involvement with rock aid armenia and the michael kiske instant clarity he also played the solo on “hunted“ he wrote with and appeared on kym mazelles album “destiny“ with a track “ my shoes“.appeared on greg ridley anthology playing and singing on “live to learn“ currently in the royal philharmonic orchestra plays rush on the track “red barchetta“

Adrian had no involvement with rock aid armenia and the michael kiske instant clarity he also played the solo on “hunted“ he wrote with and appeared on kym mazelles album “destiny“ with a track “ my shoes“.appeared on greg ridley anthology playing and singing on “live to learn“ currently in the royal philharmonic orchestra plays rush on the track “red barchetta“

I can't really get what you're saying. You mean he didn't work with Kiske on Instant Clarity? If that's what you're saying, you're wrong. :)
The rest of the things you have mentioned we have already discussed - read a few pages back.

I can't really get what you're saying. You mean he didn't work with Kiske on Instant Clarity? If that's what you're saying, you're wrong. :)
The rest of the things you have mentioned we have already discussed - read a few pages back.

He did work on kiskes album. co wrote and played on two tracks but he also did the guitar solo on “ hunted“ as for the older posts i helped chris reidy with the info !

I was very reserved in my expectations about this, since I don't like Rush. Thank god Adrian can make everything sound good. But apart from the sound of his guitar, I'm still not impressed. :ahhh:

I haven't heard anything by Rush that really grabs me, so I'm perhaps not the best judge of this either. But, hey, Adrian does sound fantastic! The first (extended) lead is lovely, lovely stuff; long, with loads of typical Adrian phrases. I'd love to hear far more long, long instrumental improvisation by Adrian --am I missing this by not having listened to some of his side project stuff? That aside, the ochestra was pretty standard stuff, I thought.

Oh, Ariana, by "...apart from the sound [my emphasis] of his guitar, I'm still not impressed" --do you mean you weren't that taken by his playing? (--just his sound/tone?) :p

Back