Adrian Smith

K since it's Adrian Smith day.

but it's Powerslave

yeah there's not much between them, probably Wasted Years as well, and maybe even Empire of the Clouds or Revelations.

EDIT: and might I add, there's not too many Maiden tracks WITH a Steve Harris credit above them either.

Last edited:
yeah there's not much between them, probably Wasted Years as well, and maybe even Empire of the Clouds or Revelations.

EDIT: and might I add, there's not too many Maiden tracks WITH a Steve Harris credit above them either.

Quoted for truth. :)

Curious how folks would rank Adrian's officially released studio work outside of Iron Maiden. (I count the two Bruce Dickinson albums where he was a full time guitarist and made multiple songwriting contributions, but I wouldn't count the Michael Kiske album where he only had 2 appearances and 1 songwriting credit.)

My list:
1. Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
2. Bruce Dickinson - Accident Of Birth
3. Primal Rock Rebellion - Awoken Broken
4. Psycho Motel - Welcome To The World
5. A.S.A.P. - Silver & Gold
6. Psycho Motel - State Of Mind

I think the first four are all great albums, Silver & Gold was consistently good, and State Of Mind was the only one that was "meh".

1. Bruce Dickinson – Accident of Birth
2. Psycho Motel – Welcome to the World
3. A.S.A.P – Silver & Gold
4. Psycho Motel – State of Mind
5. Bruce Dickinson – Chemical Wedding

Found it hard to separate the top two, both I think are amazing from start to finish, listened to them over and over when they were released and they still get regular play on my MP3 player these days. I’ve always liked the Silver and Gold album, good solid melodic rock. State of Mind I think has some great tracks, Psycho Motel, Money to Burn and City of Light, but the rest to me is pretty average filler. While as much as I appreciate the idea, the narrative, lyrical concept and musicianship of the Chemical Wedding, it is just a bit too heavy for my tastes. I like Book of Thel and Jerusalem but not so keen on the rest. While I never actually purchased a copy of Primal Rock Rebellion, didn’t like anything from it that I heard.

1. Bruce Dickinson - The Chemical Wedding
2. Bruce Dickinson - Accident Of Birth
3. Primal Rock Rebellion - Awoken Broken
4. Psycho Motel - Welcome To The World
5. Psycho Motel - State Of Mind
6. A.S.A.P. - Silver & Gold

Back