Adrian Smith

Forostar said:
No. H & Dave play the harmony in the chorus. Or do you mean the singing? No, there is a blond dude, but he's from the band Spinal Tap.

Would be very cool indeed!  :)

Do you mean David St. Hubbins, the lead singer?  And did you actually call Spinal Tap a band?

I wish I could find a video of Live Earth with Spinal Tap playing.  I mean, come on, they had "every bass player in the world" on stage for Big Bottoms.  Even Hetfield and Hammet came on with basses!

Yeah, I did mean the singing chorus. lol, I didnt know the Spinal Tap guys were even in that, thats pretty cool.
If anyones is interested, heres the Rock Aid Armenia video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DHDHAUSXSGg
I think you can just make out Adrian if you pause the video around 1.15
Bruce is awesome when he comes in at 1.27

LooseCannon said:
I wish I could find a video of Live Earth with Spinal Tap playing. 

I'll get back at that (have to go now), I thought it was on youtube, not long after that gig! :)

Yep, Neither Dave nor Adrian (too bad  :()are included among the backing vocalists for the track, and they're not even visible on the massive front cover picture. Though you can see a stampsize picture of them on the backcover of the vynil plus another one where they chat with Eric Bloom from Blue Oyster Cult, if my memories are accurate. But I only own the CD these days, where that picture has been removed, and the other ones are so small or cut from the waist down that it's sometimes hard to say who's who.
I think I reckon they did say once they only showed up to do their guitar parts and then left immediately. Buth they were right in the middle of the world Slavery tour back then (20 & 21 may 1985), having to be back in Maine,for a gig on the 23 rd.
Still, this track is an outstanding one, really catchy and would have well deserved to reach another status than just being a cult song. I remember that here in France, no radio station would play it. "Stars" was once said to be broadcasted in the next 30 minutes on a parisian FM. I waited for an hour, and nothing happened....

wasted in paris said:
Yep, Neither Dave nor Adrian (too bad  :()are included among the backing vocalists for the track, and they're not even visible on the massive front cover picture. Though you can see a stampsize picture of them on the backcover of the vynil plus another one where they chat with Eric Bloom from Blue Oyster Cult, if my memories are accurate. But I only own the CD these days, where that picture has been removed, and the other ones are so small or cut from the waist down that it's sometimes hard to say who's who.
I think I reckon they did say once they only showed up to do their guitar parts and then left immediately. Buth they were right in the middle of the world Slavery tour back then (20 & 21 may 1985), having to be back in Maine,for a gig on the 23 rd.
Still, this track is an outstanding one, really catchy and would have well deserved to reach another status than just being a cult song. I remember that here in France, no radio station would play it. "Stars" was once said to be broadcasted in the next 30 minutes on a parisian FM. I waited for an hour, and nothing happened....

Meh, I dont think its that great, I agree with Forostar, its little more than a Dio track, at least the Rock Aid Armenia track is more varied (especially the alternate version) in terms of input from other people other than Deep Purple.

Well, I think it's a great song! I like the singing a lot, and the solos, especially the last one by the BOC guitarist! Always shivers my spine! Excellent.

The Rock Armenia song is way less hard rock than Stars, but interesting as well of course, because of the input.

What was Adrian Smith's role in Rock Aid Armenia?

--------
On the bass, on the bass, on bass....! :)

Good question, Im not entirely sure. I presume he played one of the rythmn parts (even though it appears Alex Lifeson is playing them too). Clearly, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore and Brian May are playing the leads.
It looks like thats how its arranged, 3 people for each part. (I wonder who was also playing rythmn in that case)

Ardius said:
Good question, Im not entirely sure. I presume he played one of the rythmn parts (even though it appears Alex Lifeson is playing them too). Clearly, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore and Brian May are playing the leads.
It looks like thats how its arranged, 3 people for each part. (I wonder who was also playing rythmn in that case)

Well, also David Gilmour played a solo. Strange that H is not in the clip.

That blond dude. It's not him, maybe someone of Purple of another band I don't know that well?
What a great clip by the way, I keep watching it! :)

Great clip. I didn't know Roger Taylor did all the drum parts, but it clearly was the best decision. I also wonder what it must have been like for Bruce to sing together with his great idol.

Forostar said:
That blond dude. It's not him, maybe someone of Purple of another band I don't know that well?
What a great clip by the way, I keep watching it! :)

I like the bit where Brian May is soloing away, and David Gilmour just throws his hands in the air, lol. "Im not playing that!!"
Oh, and the bits with Ian and Bruce singing together just make you think "aw, isnt that nice"

Ardius said:
Ive just noticed on this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Colwell
"Colwell is currently recording his first solo project titled Guitars, Beers & Tears. The album will feature many of Dave's friends and colleagues. Scheduled to appear on the record are Steve Conte (New York Dolls), Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden), Robert Hart (The Jones Gang), Edwin McCain, Bekka Bramlett, Danny Bowes (Thunder), Spike (The Quireboys) among others. The album is scheduled for release in the summer 2007."

@Ardius, any update on this album? The wiki page hasn't changed

Done some searching, and ive come up with this site:
http://www.aaomusic.com/
(Scroll down the page)
AAOMusic.com said:
Bucket & Co. Album Nearing Completion

Bad Company guitarist, Dave 'Bucket' Colwell, is nearing completion on the Bucket & Co. album titled Guitars, Beers & Tears. The album features many of Bucket's friends and rock legends such as Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden), Spike (The Quireboys), Edwin McCain, Steve Conte (New York Dolls), Mark Read (A1, The Jones Gang), Jaz Lochrie (Bad Company), Harry James (Thunder) among others.

"This project has been a labor of love and I am really pleased with the results up to this point" said Bucket. "By recording my own music I have broken into a new level of creativity."

The album is also being produced by Dave 'Bucket' Colwell and being mixed by renowned sound engineer Kevin VanBergen. Look for the album to hit store shelves in the near future.

To hear selections from Bucket's upcoming album click here:http://www.myspace.com/bucketco

In other words, here Adrians work on Daves myspace!!!:
http://www.myspace.com/bucketco
Guess what they play....

Back