Acting

Black Ace

Trooper
Today I've had my first acting experience. It was great, yet weird in some ways. It was the first time I wore make-up...

Sometime in late September or early October a girl came up to me in the school-yard and gave me a flyer that told that all boys and girls over the age of 16 interested in theater should come to an audution and there was given a phone number. At that moment, I wanted by all means to make a name for myself, since I was in high-school, and believe it or not, I wanted to be somewhat popular [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I'm only 15, but i said what the fuck, and gave it a shot.

So I went and auditioned and got in, but my guess is that I only got in because they needed more boys, as there's a pretty high girl/boy ratio... Anyway that doesen't matter now, as I got a part as the father of the lead character.

The play just wanted to show how diferent (in the bad way) things are now, from when our country was ruled by the great voyvods' (Vlad Tzepesh or Dracu, Stefan the Great, or Mihai the Brave). 15 years after the Revolution, we're still stumbling in the dark, with no clear path to go on... Throngs emigrate to Spain and Germany to find work, whilst in the old days, they would stay here and die for king & country...

Anyway, I had no idea how much time it would take to make a quality show. At first, everything was merky, we would just read texts, and try to see who would fit best for any given part. Then, after the roles were given out, we had to learn our parts, and what-not (find props, costumes, etc.) To make an idea, I had about 7 hours of school every day, from 8 am to 3 pm, and after that, from 5 or in the last two weeks from 4 to 8 o clock at rehearsals. And after that, try and study for the next day [!--emo&:wacko:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wacko.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wacko.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

All that hard work (that included carying boxes that would make up the props through the entire city) finally paid off tonight. The thrill before entering stage, the satisfaction of showing the entire audience a bit of imagined reality, the congrats and kisses from girls at the end, all made it worth-while,[!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I now see why Maiden really like their job, and I only chose acting because I tried putting a band together and never succeeded, and I thought acting to be the-next-best-thing after music.

Today was pretty weird, everyone stuck in that small cabin, boys and girls wearing make-up (Boys, I tell you, it's horrible. I just used some black crayon around my eyes to accent my traits, and I thought I was gonna cry just from that. And the girls put on some cream (don't know how they call it in english) and i felt like my skin turned to stone. I was barelly able to move my facial muscles.[!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Even though school somehow faded from priority, to secondary objective, I still keep getting good grades.

I wish to thank the teachers, who have helped us very much, by being on strike for the last two weeks, allowing us to finnish our rehearsals in peace...

If anyone has any acting experience, please post about it here...

EDIT-Corrected a typo and remeber one of the things I hated the most: The neverending minutes of doing exercises to improve my diction. Our director repeatadly told me I had the worst diction in the lot, and that really pushed me, but I hated the fact that no-matter how hard I tried, she would just criticise me (reminded me a bit of Mav [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] , just a little joke, of course)

Ah, yes, the joy of acting [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think my very first acting experiences were when I was playing Cowboy and Indians with my brother. I always liked to give my character some deeper facets, much to my brother's dismay, who just wanted to shoot around [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Everybody said that I was just great in dying.
I don't remember in how many school plays I participated, but the last two (in grade 12...) were pretty memorable. The first one was an X-Mas play where I got to play God. Well, it was written in a pretty stupid dialect, but it was fun nonetheless.
The second one was our adaption of an ancient Greek play, "Lysistrate" by Aristophanes. I got one of the main roles, an old geezer who was just pretty grumpy and hated everybody, the Spartans and women in particular. I was really into the role, and it was great fun. I've always loved acting, and I really had the feeling I was good, and that is already a reward by itself.

Acting, specially in school, is great dude !!!

I acted in some plays too, but can't remember them all. One that I really like to remember was one version we did for "Morte e Vida Severina", about the regionals problems in the northeast region and how it affected "Severino" the main character.

It is a big play with some music also. I shared the main character with another guy, so we had two "Severinos". The most dificult part was to speak with the accent You really can't imagine how painful can be a "northeastian" chap talking. We aired this play in the bisggest theater of the town, and we had lots of "non-school" people there. It was just great.

Another one which was funny, done just in school, was about the Royal period in Brazil. It was a comedy and I played one of the top men in goverment. My character was a straight guy, but had some, lets say, "doubtful gestures". In one scene, I was at the room of a harlot (not Charlote). So I covered me with the blanket to wait for my "lady". But the lady betrayed me and led the army to arrest me. When the soldiers took out the blanket, I had to scream in the gayest way possible. Well, the audience had a big laugh so I guess I did a good job... [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Perun, acting Lysistrate....... wow, that's a really funny play ! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Oh, yeah acting's really great. I like to record short movies (me and some pals). We're actually going (if the budget allows it) to record a war movie, quite deep with a lot of drama and a lot of shooting. If it turns out great, we'll try so sell it to the swedish channel SVT. (SVT broadcasts amatur moves from time to time)
Our little leader are going to spend about 1000 pounds on it. [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Back to the topic: Oh yeah, acting is really great and it's fun you were to practise some acting in public.

I dont like acting much but I direct very short clips from movies. When I say "direct" all I mean really is pissing about with Windows Movie Maker, adding in sounds to some video clips I have taking, trying to make funny, random videos. They usually don't last more than half a minute so I don't think I can call myself a proper director.

I was going to play a small role in a production of Lysistrata too Per! Cool, eh?
Classes, unfortunately, prevented me from being able to do it

I've never acted and never will, Im terrible at that kinda stuff, but I'd do it if I was good at that stuff

Back