AC/DC

I'm sad because Malcolm is off but I'm happy because the others are in good shape and plan to release a new cd and tour the world. Simple as that. It must be very hard moments for Angus and the rest of the band. They don't need money, they just play because the like it and because we like it. Rock or bust.

Given these recent developments, I've taken the liberty of changing the thread title.

Wow, those are really going to win over all those people who say AC/DC just keeps releasing the same songs. :smartarse:

The new song just bores the hell out of me. To me, their best material is their 80's stuff when the actually tried to get a little creative with some longer and interesting intros on songs such as Hell's Bells, For Those About To Rock, Sink The Pink, Thunderstruck, and Razor's Edge. Also, a lot of that stuff had a harder edged sound to it. This new stuff is quite weak sounding and nothing special to me at all.

I like Play Ball (link for the other one doesn't work for me and I'm too lazy to search for it), it's a fun little rock song. For a band as overplayed as AC/DC, it's nice to hear some new material, even if it is the same formula.

Really treble heavy though. They should seriously crank up the bass.

Yep, another bummer for the band. Also they might clear up something:
This seems worth noting, too: although Rudd appears on AC/DC’s new album, Rock or Bust, he was not present for the recent filming of two new music videos. At the time, the band said that the drummer’s absence was due to a family emergency… but then they also released a new promo photo without him:Could the other members of AC/DC possibly seen this coming down the road? Maybe not this, specifically, but something? It’s possible Rudd was acting really nutty as of late, and the band had a feeling they might soon have to show him the door (again — he was already kicked out once before, in 1983, before re-joining the band in 1994). Obviously I’m speculating there, but… I don’t really believe in coincidences in these sorts of situations.
Of course, the band has worked with other drummers in the past. Always thought Chris Slade ruled behind their kit.

Last edited:
I agree with @Forostar. I think Chris Slade was a better drummer for the band during the hard rock '80s to early '90s. I didn't like Black Ice, I thought it was weak and directionless. And Phil Rudd had a good rock 'n' roll vibe, but this is a band that plays stadia. They need a 'big sound' drummer like Slade. Seemed like a nice guy too...

Rudd is/was the perfect drummer for a band like AC/DC.
No frills, but just a sweaty rock'n'roll metronome back there.

But I preferred Slade too. Talented guy, but also has some great character to his playing.
Fun to watch behind the kit.

That Rudd story is a complete WTF?
I knew the guy has had his problems, but it's a long step from alcoholism to contract murder.
Hope it's not true.

Slade has always been the drummer of AC/DC to me...But then, that's because AC/DC impacted me in the early 90 so him behind the kit just looks right to me.

Phil Rudd...What a psycho if that's true.

I don't know how often they've played this in recent times, but I reckon this will not make the setlist anymore.

Rudd is/was the perfect drummer for a band like AC/DC.
No frills, but just a sweaty rock'n'roll metronome back there.

But I preferred Slade too. Talented guy, but also has some great character to his playing.
Fun to watch behind the kit.

That Rudd story is a complete WTF?
I knew the guy has had his problems, but it's a long step from alcoholism to contract murder.
Hope it's not true.
Actually, meth was found in his possession which does mess someone up super bad. He was probably drinking too. It's just so sad he went down that road.

Back