Abandoned Maiden songs

None. For me this thread is nothing else but nutty heresy.

Cosmic, you listen to three Maiden albums.

The Number of the Beast, Powerslave and Somewhere in Time.

All the other explorations: playlists, separate songs, you name it, but no albums.

Last edited:
None. For me this thread is nothing else but nutty heresy.

Cosmic, you listen to three Maiden albums.

The Number of the Beast, Powerslave and Somewhere in Time.

All the other explorations: playlists, separate songs, you name it, but no albums.
Well, what's the point in listening to songs or albums I don't like?

Well, what's the point in listening to songs or albums I don't like?
I just find strange (and rather intolerant) to listen to only 3 out of 16 albums if they are made by my all time favourite band (or one of my favourite bands as well).

Last edited:
I find it strange to listen to only 3 out of 16 albums if they are made by my all time favourite band.
In fact I only listen to a whole album by any band for maybe five times. Then I will only listen to the songs I like and I will skip the ones I don't care for.

Why the hell should I mess up my listening pleasure with some garbage I don't like whatsoever.

EDIT: I entirely misunderstood the point of this thread.

I don't skip any Maiden tracks, and almost all of the times I listen to a specific album from start to finish.
The closest I'd get is Angel and the Gambler, but if I'm in a mood for VXI, it's fine.

Last edited:
@Cosmiceddie : Maybe you´ll find a "rough diamond" after listening to an album you didn´t like in the first place? It happened to me too, some albums I had to listen to over much more than 5 times to appreciate them. Many are among my favourites now. :)
And not per se 5 times in a row, but after a year or so, or more. A waste to never listen to songs (or complete albums) by a favourite band.

Anyway, I've always been an advocate of listening to albums as a whole, but it seems I'm not as .. strict as some people here.

I almost always start Dance of Death from Rainmaker, because Wildest Dreams is one of the worst things they've put on a record, maybe ever and I don't want the album experience to be worse than it already is. Also, with that album, my fingers really itch to skip Gates and Frontier, but I usually don't.

With TNOTB I usually skip the whole album nowadays and put on Hallowed separately.

And that's about it, I usually listen to the rest as a whole. Might be the reason why I don't play some albums as often, though.

Oh, also

A waste to never listen to songs (or complete albums) by a favourite band.

Even a favourite band can release terrible stuff. I mean, I love the Allmen, but I won't be really bothering putting Brothers of the Road on really often - which they themselves kinda disowned.

I deeply love Maiden, but if I never hear The Number of the Beast (the song) or Wildest Dreams (or even Charlotte the Harlot) in my life, I'm absolutely fine with that. A lot of Bob Dylan fanatics won't really be grooving to Down in the Groove or Under the Red Sky ... and for a good reason (and those two actually have some good songs, like all of his albums do, but I get that people skip them entirely).

And not per se 5 times in a row, but after a year or so, or more. A waste to never listen to songs (or complete albums) by a favourite band.
Very true! When it comes to Maiden albums I´d say No Prayer had to grow on me through the years. I always considered it bottom material until it unfolded its beauty to me. Now it´s in my Top 10. The Parade album by Prince was very hard to get into, I only liked 3 songs at first. After several spins and 6 months later the click came. Wonderful!

I don't really like NPFTD and The X-Factor, in these two I would skip most of the album. For the other ones, I generally skip The Mercenary from BNW (which I think is way worse than TAATG), Age Of Innocence (DoD) and The Man Of Sorrows from BoS.

I think it’s the weakest song on TBOS but I enjoy the whole album so that mostly speaks to the quality of the overall material. The verses are hamfisted at times, but that’s made up by the gorgeous melodies in the instrumental sections. Cool song.

Back