Abandoned Maiden songs

Cosmiceddie

Back From The Edge
There are some Maiden songs I got rid of for a long time. I simply have no desire to ever listen to them again.

There are even 3 Maiden albums I don't care about (Fear Of The Dark, The X-Factor and Virtual Xl).

There are some Maiden albums I have not listened to for ages (Iron Maiden, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, No Prayer For The Dying and The Final Frontier).

But let's go back on topic. Below there's a list of my abandoned Maiden songs. (That is these songs will be skipped whenever I listen to any of the albums).

Charlot The Harlot
Purgatory
Sun and Steel
Can I Play With Madness
The Assassin
Hooks In You
(Fear Of The Dark album save Be Quick Or Be Dead and Fear Of The Dark)
(X-Factor album save Sign Of The Cross, Man On The Edge and Lord Of The Flies)
(the whole Virtual Xl album)
The Fallen Angel
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
The Journeyman
The Legacy
El Dorado
Isle Of Avalon
Starblind
The Red And The Black
When The River Runs Deep
Death Or Glory

And what about you?

Last edited:
I never listen to Virtual XI as it is pretty awful. Aside from that, I'm not a song skipper - I listen to full Maiden albums when I put one on.

And what about you?
I´m not a skipper, when I listen to an album it´s the full treatment, nothing less.
Even my least favourite Maiden songs (The Apparition and New Frontier) I don´t skip when I´m listening to the albums they´re on.
By the way: there´s a lot of great songs you abandon. :eek:

From this list, it looks as if your bottom 5 albums are Virtual XI, Fear of the Dark, The Final Frontier, Dance of Death and The Book of Souls. I read "Fear of the Dark album save Be Quick or Be Dead and Fear of the Dark" and thought "Not even Afraid to Shoot Strangers?" but then I saw that you had The Red and the Black there as well.

This isn't necessarily songs that skip as much as this is a list of songs that I avoid altogether. My abandoned song list would be:

Charlotte the Harlot
Sanctuary
Flash of the Blade
The Assassin
Hooks in You
Fear is the Key
The Fallen Angel
Wildest Dreams
Montsegur
Age of Innocence
New Frontier
Mother of Mercy

Well, not wanting to ever listen again is pretty harsh and I won't say that about any of the songs, because you never know. But I basically never listen to Killers, my least favourite album. Also, I've come to the point where classic hits like The Trooper or Run to the Hills don't do much to me, because they have been played so many times - not only concerts, but also media etc. So I'm likely to skip them when listening to a live album, for example.

When I'm listening to an album?

Listen, if you're skipping songs, you're not listening to the album. You're listening to a playlist. Nothing wrong with that - I put on playlists of curated content all the time, and I'm notorious for hitting the next button a dozen times before finding a song I want to listen to.

But if I'm listening to an album I listen to the whole album!

From this list, it looks as if your bottom 5 albums are Virtual XI, Fear of the Dark, The Final Frontier, Dance of Death and The Book of Souls. I read "Fear of the Dark album save Be Quick or Be Dead and Fear of the Dark" and thought "Not even Afraid to Shoot Strangers?" but then I saw that you had The Red and the Black there as well.

This isn't necessarily songs that skip as much as this is a list of songs that I avoid altogether. My abandoned song list would be:

Charlotte the Harlot
Sanctuary
Flash of the Blade
The Assassin
Hooks in You
Fear is the Key
The Fallen Angel
Wildest Dreams
Montsegur
Age of Innocence
New Frontier
Mother of Mercy

These are the 5 albums I like least of all:

Virtual Xl
The X-Factor
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
No Prayer For The Dying

Book Of Souls is actually in my top 3.

I don't skip tracks if I put a Maiden album on. Plus it's a bit cumbersome to do that on Vinyl.

On the other hand when it comes to a live album or dvd, sometimes I'll skip a weaker song. On En Vivo it's WTWWB and on TBOS: Live Chapter I skip TRATB. Both of those just drag on too long and the crowd look bored.

Damn OP, my favorite Maiden song among all Maiden songs is on your skip list. Sad.

That said, I don’t skip songs personally unless I’m driving a short way and want to listen to a particular song.

Damn OP, my favorite Maiden song among all Maiden songs is on your skip list. Sad.
Which one is that?

Also I agree with Perun et al: Unless there’s a reason to be skipping around (like when I’m driving), I listen to an album to hear the album. I’m a firm believer that a great album should be more than just a collection of songs. It should be an experience across multiple tracks. Maiden deliver that extremely well. I have no intention of abandoning songs. Often I’ve been surprised at just how good a song I once wrote off as nothing much actually is.

Which one is that?

Also I agree with Perun et al: Unless there’s a reason to be skipping around (like when I’m driving), I listen to an album to hear the album. I’m a firm believer that a great album should be more than just a collection of songs. It should be an experience across multiple tracks. Maiden deliver that extremely well. I have no intention of abandoning songs. Often I’ve been surprised at just how good a song I once wrote off as nothing much actually is.
Starblind: best song Maiden has ever written.

80s albums, I haven't attempt to listen from start to finish for years. Last month I listened to all post 80s albums except DOD and here's what I skipped:

No Prayer -None
FotD -None
TXF -All
VXI -The Angel and the Gambler
BNW -None
AMOLAD -None
TFF -None
TBOS -All except first, last & Man of Sorrows.

I disagree, but I also haven’t heard it in a year. Definitely not skipping it, lol.
Go listen to it now with headphones and pretend, as you’re listening, that it’s the last song Bruce will ever sing. Because that’s how it feels in regards to how much passion and verve is in that tune.

Back