A theory regarding Maiden History part 4

It’s too bad because they have enough material to cover each 90s tour. They could make it a real treasure trove in the way of the original Early Days set.

It’s too bad because they have enough material to cover each 90s tour. They could make it a real treasure trove in the way of the original Early Days set.
Exactly ! And I want to have some DVD of the Blaze Bayley's era shows ! And also from the NPFTD tour ! :)

I don't think History Part 4 is going to happen. They pretty much buried the original history concept by the end of the SBIT tour, and I don't think there will ever be a DVD/Blu Ray release again. Producing something for their YouTube channel doesn't make financial sense either.

I would have loved it had they gone through with the plan as announced/indicated in late 2004. But they wasted a lot of time with extending SBIT and ME, not to mention that I think splitting the Powerslave-SSOASS era into two cycles was never the original plan. My guess is the plan was originally to have one double DVD for LAD and ME, but they either realised they had too much material for such a set, or that they could sell both separately for more than a 90s DVD would ever make. Anyway, it seems that by the time ME was over the DVD ship had sailed and a 90's DVD was abandoned.

To be fair, both LAD and ME are great if just taken to be DVD releases of the original videos. But in the context of the "History" series they were a pretty big let-down, ME more than LAD.
I think the original plan was to release ME at the end of SBIT, or maybe in between the '08 and '09 legs. Personally, I'm glad they gave the Seventh Son era its own tour, but was let down by the lack of vision in the setlist/stage show and the quality of the DVD documentary. Plus, stretching the tour over 3 calendar years was a mistake.

I'd agree, if it happens I suspect you'll get Part 4 spanning 1990 to the end of Maiden. I just can't see any market for a stand alone 90's retrospective.

Of course, the 30 year nostalgia cycle is about to hit the nineties now, so maybe in five years' time we'll be talking about this differently. But I doubt they'll reactivate the History brand.

I think the original plan was to release ME at the end of SBIT, or maybe in between the '08 and '09 legs. Personally, I'm glad they gave the Seventh Son era its own tour, but was let down by the lack of vision in the setlist/stage show and the quality of the DVD documentary. Plus, stretching the tour over 3 calendar years was a mistake.

ME was a great tour by and large. The only things I thought were a bit off were the duration, which was extreme and unnecessary, and the tour concept art based on The Trooper, a song that is neither from SSOASS nor is on Maiden England. It was just too obviously related to the beer.
The setlist was fine. Bringing back The Prisoner and Children of the Damned was cool, and ATSS was a nice surprise. I didn't expect them to revive the whole ME setlist, so the only song really "missing" for me was Infinite Dreams.

Of course, the 30 year nostalgia cycle is about to hit the nineties now, so maybe in five years' time we'll be talking about this differently. But I doubt they'll reactivate the History brand.

ME was a great tour by and large. The only things I thought were a bit off were the duration, which was extreme and unnecessary, and the tour concept art based on The Trooper, a song that is neither from SSOASS nor is on Maiden England. It was just too obviously related to the beer.
The setlist was fine. Bringing back The Prisoner and Children of the Damned was cool, and ATSS was a nice surprise. I didn't expect them to revive the whole ME setlist, so the only song really "missing" for me was Infinite Dreams.

They did not play Children of the Damned on the Maiden England tour, did they?

Did we ever actually come up with a reason why they added a third leg to ME?

Did we ever actually come up with a reason why they added a third leg to ME?
tumblr_ozmng2s8LH1rc0aqfo1_400.gifv

Seriously, they added a third leg AFTER they recorded The Parchment.
Yeah not sure what that was about. The album was recorded in early 2019, then the third leg of the LoTB tour was announced towards the end of 2019. So in a no pandemic world I imagine the album would have come out in 2020, so they would have still been sitting on it for over a year anyway. Odd.

I think the history series has been dead in the water for a while. I'd love to see it. There must be so much stuff in Arry's archive but we just get the stuff that everybody's already seen on youtube or have bootleg copies of anyway.

A couple of good observations in this thread:

Early Days History Part 1 is a better produced documentary and DVD than History Part 3. Agreed with that.

Also, En Vivo is a much more professional and slick concert film than Live Chapter. Also agreed with that.

En Vivo is of such a high visual quality (thanks to Banger Films) that it makes you realise how 'garage' so many older Maiden promos and videos have been (eg. camera work by Steve Lazarus / directed by 'arry / sound by Tony Newton etc etc)

Plausible setlist if they ever did a 90s tour:

Be Quick Or Be Dead
Holy Smoke
Man on the Edge
The Clansman
Wasting Love
Blood on the World's Hands
Futureal
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
Sign of the Cross
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-----------------------
The Number of the Beast
2 Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Plausible setlist if they ever did a 90s tour:

Be Quick Or Be Dead
Holy Smoke
Man on the Edge
The Clansman
Wasting Love
Blood on the World's Hands
Futureal
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
Sign of the Cross
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-----------------------
The Number of the Beast
2 Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Please keep the setlist fanfiction to the setlist fanfiction board, thank you very much.

Back