A theory regarding Maiden History part 4

Steve thanked Blaze in Senjutsu's liner notes, as well as other older members apparently (I don't have the physical copy yet). Maybe they shot Maiden History part 4, and Steve is thanking Blaze for participating in it. Part 4 is long overdue, and it would be a shame if they stopped the documentaries. What do you guys think?

If they have made one it'll likely go direct to streaming rather than dvd/blu-ray. There's no money in physical media anymore and even if they did it would get pirated by half the fanbase anyway.

If they have made one it'll likely go direct to streaming rather than dvd/blu-ray. There's no money in physical media anymore and even if they did it would get pirated by half the fanbase anyway.
I don't mind if it isn't released as a dvd or blu-ray, even though I'd love to purchase a physical copy. Most fans, if not all of us, really need that part 4 (and part 5).

Maybe, maybe not. But then releasing Senjutsu in like 6-7 different formats gives me hope that they’re still invested in physical media.
Brand new album vs a live video/dvd etc. I'll bet the vast majority are streaming Senjutsu on YouTube for free.

A reissue of Donington with the costs involved and shooting a part 4 documentary would appeal to a niche audience only. And that's why there's probably been such a long gap. Remember that part 3 was pretty bare bones and low budget compared to the first two. Dvd was, sadly, already dying then.

I do really hope we get a blu-ray but I won't hold my breath.

Remember that part 3 was pretty bare bones and low budget compared to the first two. Dvd was, sadly, already dying then.

I do really hope we get a blu-ray but I won't hold my breath.

I agree. You make a lot of sense. But as a longtime Maiden fan, I have to cling to the hope that they are going to finish the documentaries.

It's the fanbase that buys the DVDs not some average joe consumer.

I have no interest in blu ray but I have interest in physical media. So I wouldn't mind a BR release I can put on the shelf, while downloading a blue ray rip.
I think you overestimate the loyalty of the fanbase there. In the last week or so half the fanbase were eagerly torrenting Senjutsu or playing uploads on YouTube and bragging about it.

The hard-core would buy the blu-ray. As someone with a blu-ray collection in the hundreds so would I. Plus I have every other Maiden dvd/br. But folk like us aren't enough for anything like that to become profitable.

Why do you think the video of TBOS:LC went straight to streaming?

I wouldn't mind them going digital only for future releases. Home video market is all about streaming now. I would get behind a physical release to have it in my collection (and just to be extra sure I have it and it won't disappear online!), but when it comes to watching, I'd much rather stream it than watch from a physical disc. It's more convenient.

If TBOS:LC isn't DVD worthy then neither is En Vivo or Donington '92.

It's not debatable, the amount of work that went in that one is 1/3 of En Vivo. Can't you hear the difference in sound? LC is like Mexico, it's a half bootleg affair. And there's no concert vibe since it's all different performances. It didn't get the marketing DOTR or En Vivo got, it's just a lower key live release.

I don't think History Part 4 is going to happen. They pretty much buried the original history concept by the end of the SBIT tour, and I don't think there will ever be a DVD/Blu Ray release again. Producing something for their YouTube channel doesn't make financial sense either.

I would have loved it had they gone through with the plan as announced/indicated in late 2004. But they wasted a lot of time with extending SBIT and ME, not to mention that I think splitting the Powerslave-SSOASS era into two cycles was never the original plan. My guess is the plan was originally to have one double DVD for LAD and ME, but they either realised they had too much material for such a set, or that they could sell both separately for more than a 90s DVD would ever make. Anyway, it seems that by the time ME was over the DVD ship had sailed and a 90's DVD was abandoned.

To be fair, both LAD and ME are great if just taken to be DVD releases of the original videos. But in the context of the "History" series they were a pretty big let-down, ME more than LAD.

Back