A solution to the rising power crisis

pilau

Nomad
Hi everybody!
A friend of mine shared with me this scientific research and I'd like to share it with you because I hold high expectations for it.

This solution is implemented by - that's right - producing a new sun, (yes) by using a nuclear fusion reactor (as opposed to a fission reactor, which is the type of all modern nuclear reactor power plants.)  But let me save all the introduction. Just read this 9there's also a nifty video demonstration and some links to photos): http://shai-deshe.com/?p=101

I'm predicting that they will try to refer to this power source as something other than nuclear just because people always think of fission and its consequences. Otherwise the media will have their work cut out trying to explain this properly to convince people its not the end of the world, its annoying to hear people write off nuclear energy as being too dangerous, its a brilliant solution!

A lot of doomsday crazy stuff was around with the hadron colider, and maybe this too, but I think it's a great idea. Conspiracy theories don't need to dampen the potential of this power source :p

Hi there... :)

I'm the person behind the blog. Got to say I was quite surprised to find an Iron Maiden forum on my sources page, but I'm flattered non-the-less.

Ardius - they can't refer to this reactor as anything other then nuclear, as it operates on a nuclear level. Like in the suns core, matter at plasmatic level is fused into a mash of elementary particles with no organized units we refer to as atoms. They then reform as the most low energy kind of atom there is - Hydrogen. The difference in the atoms inner energy is expressed outwards (as the energy is not needed to keep the atom apart, but it's still there due to the conservation of energy principle) as heat, which can be used in a plethora of applications for energy storage.

Thanks for reading, feel free to come again (I also plan to write about music, when I get to it) :)

Deshe.

Hey, its a good blog  :ok:
I was referring to the general public with my comment though, unfortunately most do not know the differences. The media would no doubt try to come up with some catch-word for it though obviously it would be preferrable just to explain it properly, I can imagine people getting the wrong idea yet again. I was watching recently a documentary about Concorde's first flight to New York and the people protesting against it didn't have a clue, they assumed many things such as the sonic booms happening during landing and so on. Nuclear energy already has a bad name in the public eye and they will assume a great many things about fusion just because its "nuclear".

But its irrelevant, what's important is achieving fusion!

Back