A reminder about our rules: no links to Iron Maiden Library, please.

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
It is the policy of the Maidenfans.com forum that we do not allow links to any sites which provide free, illegal downloads of official Iron Maiden material. This includes torrent sites; the "third party" nature of torrent downloading doesn't excuse the site.

We're not "anti-piracy" in the sense that we're trying to stop you from downloading stuff. We're simply making sure that Maidenfans is not legally liable, should any trouble arise.

There is a site out there called the Iron Maiden Library. We have permitted links to this site in the past, but it is now added to our list of banned sites. We recently learned that this site offers free downloads of some official recordings, and we can't allow links to it any more. Existing links will be deleted by moderators when we find them. Posting a new link to that site will induce moderation action upon your account.

We regret this decision; the bootlegs which make up most of that site are great for Maiden fans. However, we have to follow the rules we've been following for years... if you want to find that site, you're on your own.

I contacted him about this and asked could he take out the officially released stuff from his site.

I should clarify: torrent sites which only allow boots (no official material) are OK. General torrent sites like the Pirate Bay are not.

The download links for official material are now gone. Info for the albums are still there but the download links are gone.

Now it looks like the site is gone for good. Also, even though you're telling people these sites aren't allowed, isn't just mentioning them in text and thread titles in a way letting people know where they can find pirated material? I guess it's sort of a double edged sword. In order to tell people what you don't allow, you have to mention the sites you don't allow.

Last edited:
Back