A Matter of Ice and Earth

Which of their two latest albums do you like the most ?

• Framing Armageddon: Something Wicked Part 1

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • The Crucible of Man: Something Wicked Part 2

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
It's fast, it has awesome rhythm session, wonderfull singing line /vocals, awesome chorus, what else ?

EDIT : we don't speak fot the same song
Mine is 3:48 length, and has only one small solo (in the end)

I suddenly begin to admire The Angel & The Gambler much more than ever.  Much more variation in the vocals and music.

edit: no_5 I still think it's the same song.

Yeah, the single version of Gambler was ok, I guess it's the same for this one : Nice short version, awfull extended

Could you send me your version ? I'm curious now  :bigsmile:

Forostar said:
You change opinion often and very. First negative about pt. 2, then positive and now rather negative again. 

I recall being somewhat negative about the new single with Barlow, IIRC.  But the post you quoted was about a month after the release of part 2, of course opinions change after the material has time to sink in.  But I'll admit that with Iced Earth, my opinions tend to vary quite a lot, mainly because I seem to listen to them in huge doses at once and then get tired of them for some time.

As for Setian Massacre, I couldn't really disagree with you more I'm afraid. :( I think it's definitely among the top 3 songs on the album, or top 5 at least.

@All Iced Earth fans who all love this track without exception:

I hope you won't take my words too seriously as an attack on your personal taste. I just had the urge to describe the track from my point of view, wanting to show that not everyone thinks the same about it. I still rate Schaffer & co. very high and I am very glad they made a lot of other strong songs, still.

You're, right  :)

The only solo I did notice was the last one, quite similar with the others, a kind of 'bridge' solo

@Mega:

...I found it!
In this topic you can see some comments about the 2 more recent Earth albums, Something Wicked pt I &II.
I recently burned a mp3 CD with these two albums only.

I'm listening to it in my car, on my way to the airport and back. And like one year before, pt II still wins.
I think it's Barlow's voice that makes the difference.

I'm partial to Part 1, probably because it felt like a step in the right direction after The Glorious Burden. It had a faster pace than Part 2, and more variety. Part 2 was nearly all mid-paced songs with a few ballads thrown it, making it less fun as a whole.  But my biggest complaint about Part 2, which might not even be a fair complaint, is that it's such a disappointment compared to Matt Barlow's album with Pyramaze that same year. In retrospect, Barlow returning to a past-their-prime Iced Earth might not have been the best career move for him.

Funny, I am the only one who mentioned that part 2 is his favourite of these albums, but the votes show quite a different balance.

Does anyone have an ice-cream maker? We were given one from FMIL for Christmas. I tested out one of the recipes from the little book that came with it, and I wasnt too impressed. It was far too sweet.

Any recipes youve tried out and love?

Back