A little help from my friends

A

Anonymous

I've received a mail from someone who would like to have the following questions concerning Maiden answered:
  • 1. What is the band's biggest selling album to date and how many has it sold
    worldwide?

2. What was the band's biggest ever gig (festival appearances not valid) _
    need location, date and audience total....[/li]
Thanks in advance to those who may be able to reply accurately! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i looked yesterday about that;(if this aint right tell me please) 1.i´ve seen it was the eagle´s greatest hits but in some sites they say michael jackson´s thriller
2.the gig i think it was last year in toronto (rolling stones,acdc,rush) nearly 500 000 people

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Aug 3 2004, 12:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Aug 3 2004, 12:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I've received a mail from someone who would like to have the following questions [span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']concerning Maiden[/span] answered [/quote]
hehehehe [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Some people mean well, but they really should read the questions before answering... [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

2. "Rod Stewart's free concert at Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on New Year's Eve, 1994, reportedly attracted an audience of 3.5 million." [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

- Guiness Book Of Records

Hrm..:Sorry...Missed that too... [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Come on People ! Maverick is talking about Maiden !

Which was the Iron Maiden album most sold all over the world ?

Which was (or were) the Iron Maiden concerts which had the biggest audiences ? Festivals are not valid (Rock in Rio for example)

I think it was Fear of the Dark, but its almost completely unbiased.

As for the concert I do not have any idea

1. Yes, it´s Fear Of The Dark if not "Dance Of Death" has passed.
2. No Idea. But if festivals are not included can it be 32.000 in Stockholm on the "Give me Ed´til i´m dead tour"!? If someone knows somewhere where it has been a bigger crowd, please write!

[!--QuoteBegin-Jenslave+Aug 3 2004, 05:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Jenslave @ Aug 3 2004, 05:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] 2. No Idea. But if festivals are not included can it be 32.000 in Stockholm on the "Give me Ed´til i´m dead tour"!? If someone knows somewhere where it has been a bigger crowd, please write! [/quote]
São Paulo, Brazil in the Dance of Death World Tour had more than 40.000

What about Number of the Beast? That was their first number 1 album, and been out for longer than either Seventh Son or Fear of the Dark...

And that was a Monsters of Rock festival, so I guess that doesn't count either.

I would hazard a guess and say one of their Madison Square Gardens venues?

Mav, would it perhaps be possible to get in touch with someone at Sanctuary and find out what the sales numbers are?

I suppose Sanctuary aren't very helpful. They very rarely answer the emails they receive...

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Aug 3 2004, 11:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Aug 3 2004, 11:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] And that was a Monsters of Rock festival, so I guess that doesn't count either. [/quote]
The Monster of Rock was in The X Factour. I am talking about the show they did in 2004 which was not a festival

Anyway, these numbers seems to be something very cloudy among us...

Back