A Confession

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
This has been biting at me for a long time, and I feel that I now must come clean.

I first realised this problem about a year ago and have been tryig to convince myself that it wasn't true, but alas it is. I've move past denial and fear, and now I've accepted it. I give you this information to do with as you see fit.

Iron Maiden is not my favourite band, nor is metal my favourite genre of music. It never has been, although I do enjoy Iron maiden for what it is. If I had to choose a favourite right now it would be a tie between Baroque music and Billy Bragg.

I will understand if I'm kicked out of the Iron Maiden cheerleading squad and if you all take me off your Christmas card list. I ask you all not for forgiveness, but for understanding.

*bows head in shame*

Duke, when I read the first few passages I thought you were about to say that you are gay. [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
You did a great job on making it seem dramatic, though [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yup Duke. I won't kill you because I also think the same. Iron Maiden is not my fav band nor metal is my favourite genre. That title goes to hard rock of the 70s and Baroque music.

What's this? A mass-"coming out"? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

We're not in MaidenIsMyFavoriteBand.com, but Maidenfans.com.
So there's no problem. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Now, if you said that on the official IMBB...you'd be flamed into oblivion.

Hehe.. Yes well IM is one of my favourite bands, but Metal is not for me I'm afraid. I prefer a bit of Jazzzzz, Blues, or Garage [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (ok not Garage, but Garbage!)

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Sep 17 2004, 01:18 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Sep 17 2004, 01:18 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]What's this? A mass-"coming out"?   [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]86827[/snapback]​
[/quote]

What can I say Mave, I'm a trend-setter.

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Sep 17 2004, 03:06 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Sep 17 2004, 03:06 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I will understand (...) if you all take me off your Christmas card list.[/quote]
I didn't know you were expecting one... Must we, really ?
[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Sep 17 2004, 03:16 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Sep 17 2004, 03:16 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Duke, when I read the first few passages I thought you were about to say that you are gay.  [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
So what, there's nothing wrong being gay...

Anyway, there isn't either anything wrong not having Maiden and Metal as number one favourite musical genre... At least, we can have other subjects of discussion, that's sometimes a relief !

Well, Maiden is (probably) my favorite band with metal being my favorite genre. There's a 97% chance that I wouldn't be posting here if that wasn't true. I mean, I can't just go around looking for fansites of every band I like...or can I? [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, I LOVE metal, and it is my favorite Genre. I LOVE Iron Maiden, but they are not my favorite. My favorite changes depending on the mood I'm in but I love Maiden because of their consistency in making GREAT metal. I Love European Metal, specially that from the scandinavian countries. I bought a relatively new band's cd yesterday called Lamb of God, American Death metal... and well after one listen I've decided they're ok. Hopefully they'll grow on me. Hmm... I have no clue what I'm saying anymore OH right. DAMN YOU PERUN!!!! Now YOU made me laugh. but I didn't get in trouble because i'm at home [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, metal is definately my favourite genne, and Maiden my favourite band, but Therion and Bruces' solo stuff come really close

I also have a confession to make:

I sometimes listen to a non-metal song. The song is Gerry and the Pacemakers classic "You'll Never Walk Alone". Will you forgive me? (Hope Steve Harris doesn't read this [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

I also have a confession, i hate maiden. I only joined this board to meet people. My favourite bands are Evanesence and Linkin Park.

You know i joke! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You had me going for a second there! [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I have a aconfession to make.

Maiden is only my second favourite band.

Oh, wait, another..

I only wear jeans and never trousers.

One more..

I like a south-indan dish called idli-sambhar!

My point : Who gives a fuck what you do or do not like?

ah man, you guys just crack me up! I should come here more often when i'm feeling depressed. Great signature abhi! I've been meaning to read more Chuck P. stuff other than Fight Club (which was awesome), but i'm overwhellemed by school at the moment (two classes BUT 20-40 pages of Daily readings from each...ugh)

Since were on the topic I'll come clean

Maiden aint my fave but up there

I think Kings X have taken that reign

And personally Lamb of god Suck.....

Apart from that Who really gives a shit

Back