7" Reissues & the original mixes

Luisma

Years Wasted
I have been wondering a lot about the tapes used to press the recent reissues of the albums & 7" singles. So far I know that the reissue of the debut album IS NOT the same as the original UK album (the effected voice at the end of POTO is not there) now what I want to know if the live renditions of Drifter & I've got the fire on Sanctuary are the same of the original Sanctuary release or if they come from another mix which was available in the First Ten Years cd's & vinyl so... If any of you have the 2 and can compare the versions please let us know... THANKS!:)

couldn't swear to it mate but I think they are the mixes from the first ten years collection. I have a rarely played original copy of the sanctuary single and the live songs on the reissue sound a lot more bass heavy than the original. Not only that but the original bside plays at 45rpm whilst the reissue plays at 33rpm, so that might have something to do with it.

Thanks for that yogibear1971, I was almost certain that that would be the case and that once again the "from the original master tapes"was BS. If I've Got The Fire doesn't end with a fan screaming "woo Iron Maiden!" or Drifter doesn't jump straight into the second chorus then is definitely the First Ten Years version

Back