5 favorite Maiden albums, 3 least favorites from each

BNW: Nomad, Dream, Fallen
AMOLAD: Pilgrim, Shadows, Legacy
POM: Still, Quest, Sun
SIT: Loneliness, Heaven, Sea
Powerslave: whichever three aren't Aces, Midnight, the instrumental, the title track, or Rime

1. Somewhere in Time - Wasted years, Heaven Can Wait, Stranger in a Strange Land
2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness, The Prophecy
3. Powerslave - 2 Minutes to Midnight, Flash of the Blade, Back in the Village
4. The X Factor - Man on the Edge, The Aftermath, Blood on the World's Hands
5. A Matter of Life and Death - Different World, The Pilgrim, Out of the Shadows

Oh, come on … I think these lists are GREAT :bigsmile: :applause:

1.) Somewhere in Time - here are no "less favourite" tracks, so I simply put them in order and these are the last three: 1. Heaven Can Wait, 2. Wasted Years, 3. Probably CSIT, but Deja-Vu and Alexander could also hold this spot

2.) Powerslave - 1. Back in the Village (although I love even that one), 2. 2 Minutes to Midnight, 3. Losfer Words

3.) Brave New World - 1. The Mercenary, 2. The Fallen Angel, 3. Brave New World

4.) The X Factor - 1. Blood on the World's Hands, 2. Look for the Truth, 3. The Edge of Darkness

5.) A Matter of Life and Death - 1. Out of the Shadows, 2. The Pilgrim, 3. I don't know, I absolutely don't know, if I have to pick one, let it be… Different World

…and again, if I only were allowed the 6th favourite album (which I'm again not, so I once more beg everyone offended to cover their eyes :-D )…

6.) The Final Frontier - 1. The Alchemist, 2. El Dorado, 3. Satellite 15…The Final Frontier

Is anyone brave enough to accept the challenge to write again all four 5 (least) favourite albums, 3 (least) favourite songs from each ... WITH EXPLANATION for each??? I think I'm not. :bigsmile:

I'm gonna have to bump this because I love making these lists. :p
I'll list the albums in order of preference. The tracks will be listed in the order they appear on each album.
  1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son: "Can I Play With Madness", "The Prophecy" and "The Clairvoyant";
  2. Powerslave: "Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)", "The Duellists" and "Back In the Village";
  3. A Matter of Life and Death: "The Pilgrim", "Out of the Shadows" and "Lord of Light";
  4. Piece of Mind: "Quest For Fire", "Sun and Steel" and "To Tame a Land";
  5. The Number of the Beast: "22 Acacia Avenue", "Run to the Hills" and "Gangland".
There! :D

Lists are fun :p I feel the urge to contribute yet again!

Powerslave - The Duellists, Losfer Words, Flash of the Blade
SSOASS - Can I Play With Madness, The Evil That Men Do, The Prophecy
AMOLAD - Lord of Light, Out of the Shadows, These Colours Don't Run
The X Factor - 2 A.M., The Unbeliever, Blood on the World's Hands
The Book of Souls - Shadows of the Valley, When the River Runs Deep, Tears of a Clown

As these albums (obviously) represents what I consider the very best of Maiden, none of the songs listed are bad in any way, I just enjoy them less than the rest of the songs.

Somewhere In Time - Heaven Can Wait, Deja Vu, Wasted Years
Peace of Mind - Quest For Fire, Sun and Steel, Still Life
AMOLAD - Out of The Shadows, Different World, FTGGOG
Powerslave - The Duellists, Back In The Village, Losfer Words
Final Frontier - WTWWB, El Dorado, TMWWBK

1. Powerslave: The Duellists, Back in the Village, Losfer Words
2. Piece of Mind: Sun and Steel, Quest for Fire, Revelations
3. A Matter of Life and Death: Different World, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Out of the Shadows
4. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son: Can I Play With Madness, The Evil That Men Do, Only the Good Die Young
5. The X Factor: Lord of Flies, 2 AM, Fortunes of War

1. Powerslave - The Duellists, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Flash of the Blade
2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - The Clairvoyant, The Prophecy, Can I Play With Madness
3. Somewhere In Time - Caught Somewhere In Time, Stranger In A Strange Land, Heaven Can Wait
4. The Number of the Beast - Gangland, Invaders, 22 Acacia Avenue
5. The Book of Souls - Shadows of the Valley, The Man of Sorrows, The Great Unknown

Revision:
  1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son: "The Prophecy", "Can I Play With Madness" and "The Clairvoyant";
  2. Powerslave: "Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)", "The Duellists" and "Back In the Village";
  3. A Matter of Life and Death: "The Pilgrim", "Out of the Shadows" and "Lord of Light";
  4. Piece of Mind: "Quest For Fire", "Sun and Steel" and "Die With Your Boots On";
  5. Somewhere In Time: "Deja-Vu", "Sea of Madness" and "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner".

1. Brave New World 1. The Fallen Angel 2. OOTSP 3. Wicker Man
2. 7th Son 1. CIPWM 2. TETMD 3. The Prophecy
3. Fear of the Dark 1. FOTD 2. Childhood End 3. The Apparition
4. Somewhere In Time 1. Wasted Years 2. Heaven Can Wait 3. SOM
5. Beast 1. Gangland 2. TNOTB 4. RTTH

Many of my choices are based on the overplay of certain songs

Somewhere In Time: Deja Vu, Alexander The Great*
Powerslave: Flash Of The Blade, The Duellists, Losfer Words
Seventh Son: Only The Good Die Young,*
Piece Of Mind: Quest For Fire, Sun And Steel, Die With Your Boots On
A Matter Of Life And Death: The Pilgrim, Out Of the Shadows, Different World

* Impossible to rank a 3rd least excellent track... even the ones I mentioned are near perfect (perhaps SIASL and SSOASS I don't know)

Now Imagine this album:

Only The Good Die Young
Die With Your Boots On
Flash Of The Blade
Out Of The Shadows
The Duellists
Losfer Words
Deja Vu
Alexander The Great

Speaks TONS of the powerhouse that Maiden is

Last edited:
1.BNW: TTLBLAH, The Fallen Angel, The Nomad ..... I feel really sorry for what I've written.

2.VXI: Como Estais Amigos, Lightning Strikes Twice, TAATG

3.FOTD: The Apparition, Weekend Warrior, Fear Is The Key

4.AMOLAD: The Legacy, ..... it is impossible!, but..... OOTS, TROBB

5.DOD: Age Of Innocence, New Frontier, Montségur

AMOLAD: Out of the Shadows, The Pilgrim, The Longest Day
BNW: The Fallen Angel, The Mercenary, The Nomad
SIT: TLOTLDR, Heaven Can Wait, Sea of Madness
POM: Sun and Steel, Quest For Fire, Still Life
TFF: The Man Who Would Be King, Satellite 15..TFF, Mother of Mercy

Powerslave: Rime Of The Ancient Mariner; Powerslave; Aces High
Somewhere In Time: Wasted Years; Caught Somewhere In Time; Stranger In A Strange Land
The Number Of The Beast: Run To The Hills; The Number of The Beast; Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Book Of Souls: If Eternity Should Fail; The Red And The Black; Empire Of The Clouds
A Matter Of Life And Death: The Longest Day; For The Greater Good Of God; These Colours Don't Run [Need to relisten to this album]

Powerslave: Rime Of The Ancient Mariner; Powerslave; Aces High
Somewhere In Time: Wasted Years; Caught Somewhere In Time; Stranger In A Strange Land
The Number Of The Beast: Run To The Hills; The Number of The Beast; Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Book Of Souls: If Eternity Should Fail; The Red And The Black; Empire Of The Clouds
A Matter Of Life And Death: The Longest Day; For The Greater Good Of God; These Colours Don't Run [Need to relisten to this album]

Fixing this:

Powerslave: Any songs not names Rime, Powerslave or Aces High. Been meaning to relisten to this beautiful album
Somewhere In Time: The Lonliness Of The Long Distance Runner; Heaven Can Wait; Deja Vu
The Number Of The Beast: Invaders; Gangland; 22 Acacia Avenue
The Book Of Souls: Shadows Of The Valley; Man Of Sorrows; The Great Unknown
A Matter of Life And Death: The Pilgrim; These Colours Don't Run; Out Of The Shadows

1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son: The evil that men do, The Prophecy, Only the good die young
  2. Somewhere in Time: Heaven Can wait, Wasted Years, Deja vu
  3. Powerslave: Back in the Village, Flash of the Blade, 2 Minutes to midnight
  4. The Number of the Beast: Gangland, Invaders, 22 Acacia Avenue
  5. Killers: Genghis Khan, Another Life, Purgatory

Last edited:
Back