4th October 2006 - Hartford, Connecticut – USA

Indeed it was used in "Hitchhikers Guide..." also - apparently its origins!

Look at the small writing on Bruce's t-shirt under the word "futile": there's written "Roswell, New Mexico" :)
I did a search on google (yeah, I have nothing better to do :p) and I found this quite interesting article, entitled "resistance is futile". The author talks about borgs, Star Trek, pop culture and...America ;). Maybe someone could find even an interpretation of Bruce's choice to wear that t-shirt.

I love the look of that setlist. How does the new material sound? In paticular
For the greater good of god, These colours don't run and The longest day

I'm very surprised about the lack of Trooper, RTTH, 666 and the like. But As the new album is so utterly fantastic, I'm not at all complaining. Good choices for the classics too, Haven't heard TETMD or 23:58 and am ery much looking forward to hearing them. Why is December 23rd so far away? :(

Spalec they sounded fantastic. Colours Don't Run, Thousand Suns, & The Pilgrim stood out for me.

MP: What did you expect? They're promoting the new album, maybe you should have caught last year's tour to hear RTTH, 666, Wrathchild, et al.

I think it's great that they play the whole album, it show how proud they are of it!
I can't wait til 20th november now!!! :D

This date was my first concert and that being the first time I've ever seen Maiden. I was blown away... I was at the very very front of the pit, Bruce was like 1 ft. away from my extented arms. After hearing Different World to the Longest Day I knew they were playing the whole album. There were some people in the pit who just stood there and smiled and didn't even raise their arms. But anyway, I wasn't disappointed at all, sure I didn't see some classics like The Trooper, TNOTB, etc. But I really didn't care. I had my hand right on Steve's sweatband until some douche knocked it right out of my hand, but I later got Adrian's(my favorite guitarist of all time). But it was a great show, I had a blast... I left the concert like I jumped into a river with clothes on and got back out. I do have to say Bruce paid very little attention to the pit and never once looked down until he used movable side lights to shine on parts of the crowd when he wanted us to scream. But it was a 7 hour drive up to Connecticut from Virginia, I met a couple awesome Maiden fans.. something I'm not used to... this will definately be a very very memorable moment of my life... I lost my Maiden Virginity!

It is awesome that they have the balls to play the whole album live.  I am glad some overplayed songs are out, but they still have Iron Maiden and Fear of the Dark.  Personally, I would have liked Phantom of the Opera and Afraid to Shoot Strangers from those respective albums.  I have not yet heard Aces High live; I might have to wait until 2008 Powerslave return tour for that.  I hope they play the whole new CD in Toronto, as well.  I imagine plenty Canadians will be disappointed with that set list as they're not familiar.  But who cares?  I'll be happy.  :bigsmile:

What a great bootleg show, Belenor posted. (and thanks again for posting that link, bro. Those of us that, through no fault of our own, are gonna miss Maiden this go 'round really apprecate it).

And let me add that Maiden sounds incredible, but… **Spoiler Warning Below**

It’s funny how you can actually HEAR disgruntled people in the crowd around the microphone.

The funniest is the guy that says “If I wanted to listen to the new CD I would bring my fuckin’ CD player!” just before 2 Minutes to Midnight

LOL…

I guess you can’t please all of the people all of time I suppose!

edolecki said:
Got them - and the sound quality really is that bad. This is great fun!

The sound quality is horrible, but it is interesting to hear people's comments... 

... like that guy complaining when The Evil that Men Do starts... not a Blaze fan  :bigsmile: ?  Too bad for him.  Some guy asked how many more songs are left during Lord of Light.  Sheesh!

"We don't want to be some bullshit nostalgia band that you can put in some stupid glass case, we want to make new songs and keep on rocking well into the next century." - A quote by memory from Bruce Dickinson during Rock in Rio, keep in mind that I am jutting this down from memory so don't go on about anything wrong please.

Does that ring any bells chaps?

I for one agree fully with their decision.  They've played those same songs every single tour for 20 years.  Let us focus on the new material.  It is by far one of the best albums yet and I really want to hear it.  (I would've loved to see The Nomad or The Thin Line in there also.) 

I am looking forward to their show, Monday, October 9th, Quebec City.  Maiden have always put on a fantastic show for us.  Count on me to give my impressions of it later. 

Until next time, cheers!
Hans

Earthbound said:
I think it's great that they play the whole album, it show how proud they are of it!
I can't wait til 20th november now!!! :D

Meet-up at the Scotsman at 16.00?  :bigsmile:

I can't believe they did it... Hats off guys!
Concerning Belenor's hope for a live album, no worries, they'll do it. Maiden is going to release a live album after each new studio LP. No doubt about that.
10 years later...still waiting for that live CD/DVD!

Did you just bump a thread from 9 years ago?! :eek:
I was curious about the early reviews when the tour first started and how members reacted when they first learned about the LP being played in its' entirety. When I ran across that statement about "no doubt" a live CD would be released and I couldn't resist kicking my favorite antbed again!
Not the only fan I have seen make that statement. A while back, I found a review somewhere online of a fan who drove from Denver to (I think) the Rosemont show and he praised the show and said he could not wait until the live CD/DVD he was "sure" would be released was available.

What a shame.

Back