2023 Tour Thread Confirmed and Speculated Dates

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there also some guy on Twitter doing the exact same thing (liking pages that have loose hints or nods to Maiden songs) when Maiden was teasing WOTW and Senjutsu?

Is this the same guy? Or de we even know if that guy from back then was 'official'?

Assuming the next tour will be Somewhere in Time + Senjutsu or something like that, are there any chances that Maiden release some dates 2023 as early as this month? SIT's anniversary is september 29, I think. Is it realistic? There are some ticket alerts! Or they will wait for the end of Legacy! What's your idea?

I hope they will play that song on the next tour. I meant in general without any controversy...cheers!.

Allegedly they rehearsed 22 Acacia Avenue but decided not to play it on the tour. That 2007 tour was somewhat disappointing: really short show and failing to honour what they have said they were going to do.

That being said, Bruce's singing on the gig I went to in Bilbao was outstanding and Children of the Damned sounded amazing.

Allegedly they rehearsed 22 Acacia Avenue but decided not to play it on the tour. That 2007 tour was somewhat disappointing: really short show and failing to honour what they have said they were going to do.

That being said, Bruce's singing on the gig I went to in Bilbao was outstanding and Children of the Damned sounded amazing.
You're right that tour 07 divided fans even here in Italy, as always for some it was great ,for others definitely not up to par. Certainly 22 AA could be put back on that setlist. I believe that certain songs will never see the light on tour again, I'm afraid 22 is one of them, as I fear also Infinite Dreams probably the great absentee of Maiden England. We'll see what happened next...my opinion. Thanks for your very interesting comment.

ME tour was pure lazy money making tour. Playing almost all songs that they already played in reunion era tour.

Such a long tour without any big changes of setlist. Since the tour had a long gaps between legs it was perfect tour for bigger change of setlist and playing some deep cuts. Or just combine period from 88-92 and focus on that songs mostly.

And stage was a joke. Ok it looked cool to had that white ice backdrops. But it didnt look anything close to 7th tour.

ME tour was pure lazy money making tour. Playing almost all songs that they already played in reunion era tour.

Such a long tour without any big changes of setlist. Since the tour had a long gaps between legs it was perfect tour for bigger change of setlist and playing some deep cuts. Or just combine period from 88-92 and focus on that songs mostly.

And stage was a joke. Ok it looked cool to had that white ice backdrops. But it didnt look anything close to 7th tour.
They played moonchild, aces high, ssoass, prisoner, afraid

I agree that Maiden England set wasn't particularly bold and aside from dropping Hallowed and having Aces High in the encore, it didn't give much twist to the familiar setlist structure - unlike the next two tours did!

However, I still think that fans often make it sound a lot worse than it actually was. Sure, no Infinite Dreams, Still Life and such was unfortunate; however, all those Seventh Son cuts (regardless if Moonchild, Madness and The Clairvoyant were also played in 2008), The Prisoner, Phantom of the Opera, Wasted Years and Afraid to Shoot Strangers in the same set makes for one hell of a best of esque Maiden set - a bit unimaginative or not.

Last edited:
I saw them in 2013, here in Germany, and hearing SSOASS and ATSS live were some of my highlights. The concert was fun, but the ending was rather sad unfortunately. During TETMD (second or third song from the ending) a few meters from where we were standing someone busted open his head in a mosh pit by accident and almost died. Everyone was obviously in shock for the remainder of the concert.

Let's not forget that the tour was not originally planned. The 1988 stage set was much better, but I think ME tour stage was good. The ice backdrops, the pyro, the Eddies and (in particular) the light show were great. Why would they want to copy the old stage? The stage set was better than the 2005 one and even than the one for GMED tour imo. For sure it could have been better, but for example the frozen Eddies within the stage decors were good for once.

I agree the setlist was lazy, especially for a tour with 3 legs. I think the History tours should have been only 1 leg (like the 2005 one). As I've said many times, I think the 2014 leg should have been a 90's era tour.
I agree that Maiden England set wasn't particularly bold and aside from dropping Hallowed and having Aces High in the encore, it didn't give much twist to the familiar setlist structure - unlike the next two tours did!

However, I still think that fans often make it sound a lot worse than it actually was. Sure, no Infinite Dreams, Still Life and such was unfortunate; however, all those Seventh Son cuts (regardless if Moonchild, Madness and The Clairvoyant were also played in 2008), The Prisoner, Phantom of the Opera, Wasted Years and Afraid to Shoot Strangers in the same set makes for one hell of a best of esque Maiden set.
^ This. And it's the only History tour to be based around a specific album - that's why I think the band didn't want to copy the setlist from 1988.
Yeah, Infinite Dreams was a must (at least it was on the band's rehearsal list) and Still Life or Killers had to be played, but POTO and ATSS were great additions for me. I think Aces High and Revelations (and some would say ATSS and FOTD too) should have been replaced with DWYBO and probably Still Life (Killers and 22AA were omitted in 2005).
If I have to compare the songs in both tours: POTO was in place of HBTN, ATSS was in place of Infinite Dreams, 2MTM in place of HCW, Aces High/Revelations was in place of a 1988 deep cut (Still Life, Killers, DWYBO) and FOTD was a bonus for this set.

Btw, it would have been great if they had played the whole SSOASS album live back then.

How long do you think the tour will be next year? I'd say 5 or at most 6 months (May-September/October). With dates in Europe, South America, Asia, Oceania and several concerts in North America too.

Back