Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
Ok so we have a thread to talk about how great and aweful 2005 was... well, any new year resolutions? any honest changes people are making? Any goals set for the future or simply going with the flow for one more year?

As for me, I decided to fix up my car. I already got it a new stereo (after my old one was stolen months ago), I washed it for the first time in.... a year lol ( a plan to do it more often too) Next will be getting it a new engine. I can't afford a new car and I'm not buying a used car for 2,000 either, I rather get MY car a new one, then will come the fixing of the moon roof (the thieves broke it braking into my car hehe), tinting the windows and fixing up the upholstry (sp?) inside. The paint job will be the last, scratch that second to last, the last thing will be putting A/C in it. I hope to do all this this year, but realistically it will probably take the next two to three years. But that is what is going to be fun, see how quickly I can do it.

Nothin much is happening for me in 2006. I have the biggest exams of my life, 11 GCSEs so I suppose I'll start doing some work for them. I have a resolution to start learning the guitar but I really couldn't be bothered. It sounds like a lot of hassle to start with and I never have the greatest of attention spans.

Apart from that, I will be living free this year.
"Just 16, a pickup truck..."

I'll be turning 16 this year to. I hope to have lots of fun this year, but still keep a good average in school, so I don't fuck it up when entering college... appart from that, i want to be good and kind to people, but still be able to stand up for myself when that's needed...

Same as last year really... but around September probably getting a job. I finish college in June and I'm blatently just having a bit of time to chill. Might not get another decent holiday of that length until I'm around 65...

[!--QuoteBegin-Metal_made+Jan 5 2006, 04:10 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Metal_made @ Jan 5 2006, 04:10 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'll try to add 100 CD's to my collection, and I want to buy a box of Guiness beer.
[snapback]126379[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I could help you out with the Guinness, being an alcoholic Irish leprechaun and all [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

To be more diligent about updating my web sites. That means I'm blogging again. If you know where to find it, fine; if you don't, don't worry. I have some cosmetic changes I want to make on my blog, and when that's done (a week or so from now) I'll publicize the link. And Top10Songs.net (which hasn't been updated in a month) will be getting updated later today.

Also, not to be such a grammar/spelling nazi on this forum. Mr. DICKtionary is retired. Of course, I can't guarantee he'll stay retired. There's only so much abuse of the English language I can withstand. You might as well start a betting pool about how long until I break this resolution.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jan 5 2006, 04:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jan 5 2006, 04:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Also, not to be such a grammar/spelling nazi on this forum. Mr. DICKtionary is retired.
[snapback]126381[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Are you serious? Maverick has retired? When did he announce this? [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Maybe you're just making a joke but I would be really surprised if Maverick has left this forum and the maidenfans community without telling us, maybe he has pubicly announced it?

I don't mean to sound like such a fanboy but Maverick is really one of the coolest dudes around here and I really love his commentary and posts on this forum. Come back averick wherever you are [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Jan 5 2006, 10:02 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Jan 5 2006, 10:02 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Are you serious?  Maverick has retired?  When did he announce this? [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Maybe you're just making a joke but I would be really surprised if Maverick has left this forum and the maidenfans community without telling us, maybe he has pubicly announced it?

I don't mean to sound like such a fanboy but Maverick is really one of the coolest dudes around here and I really love his commentary and posts on this forum.  Come back averick wherever you are [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126385[/snapback]​
[/quote]

SMX is referring to himself when he goes crazy about grammar and spelling, what hes saying is that hes gonna try to be less strict but that he still has his limits (I dont recommend 1337 5p34k, street words (yo yo yo, g', etc), or spelling like Slipknot fanboys).

As for 2006, Im gonna be buying the DOTR dvd, treating my gf over the summer to some of those things you just dont forget (Im not talking about sex), hopefully writing and recording some more songs for my band and sending a demo tape off to a record company, buying the new Maiden album when it comes out and hopefully seeing Maiden or Stratovarius (The only 2 bands I like that ever come here [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

Edit: (Edited out)

my 2006 is gonna be a bit harder really, gotta get through my GCSE's...which are gonna be fun. Im turning 17 so I plan to make a start with driving lessons...and thats about all I have got planned.

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Jan 5 2006, 07:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Jan 5 2006, 07:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I don't mean to sound like such a fanboy but Maverick is really one of the coolest dudes around here and I really love his commentary and posts on this forum.  Come back averick wherever you are [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126385[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Mav is taking a break, he will be back to whip your arse sooner than you'd like it [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

My New Year's resolutions are to give up drinking coffee (so far, so good), and eat better/exercise more.
I am also thinking of a few other things....but those aren't for posting on forums [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Metal_made+Jan 5 2006, 04:10 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Metal_made @ Jan 5 2006, 04:10 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I'll try to add 100 CD's to my collection, and I want to buy a box of Guiness beer.
[snapback]126379[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Guiness is good for all....
This year I want to decrease the rate of my alcohol consumption. Seriously, I'm not gonna drink any alcohol beverage before nightfall.
Sure.... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

C'mon pal, never say that again, the alcohol is your friend, and probably,the alcohol is sad because of your commentary. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Actually, one of the few New Year's resolutions I set to myself is to know when to stop drinking. I used to know it, but then, I forgot...

Well, goal number 1 for the new year is complete, I successfully got a second job! I'm going bonkers. It's not the greatest job in the world (but neither is my first job) but it will allow me to fix up my car and move out! WOOHOO!

My goal for this year is to stop using slang and swear words. I've managed for the 10 first days of the year and I'm quite trustfull for the next 355 days.

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Jan 10 2006, 07:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Jan 10 2006, 07:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I had a New Years Resolution, I can't remember what it is though. It might have been to go to bed early enough in order to get out of bed early enough to have breakfast AND get to school on time. That is quite a frequent problem for me.
[snapback]126743[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Hey, stop school right now and you're done with the resolution..... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back