08 Tour Questions

They didn't actually sell out The Point, and it was the smallest venue on that tour as far as I'm aware. The closest gig would have been Twickenham in England, but I managed to go to Graspop in Belgium and Paris, and I'm from Dublin. Most of the people that actually show up to Maiden gigs over here and ignorant children who hear that Maiden are playing and go "Woah dude, you hear Maiden are playing????" "Yeah man, lets go!!! They rawk!!!" despite they're never actually heard them, or heard one song.

The smallest venue on the AMOLAD tour was the one they played in Hiroshima, which had an attendance of about 1000.  They played it for kicks because otherwise it would've meant a 3 day layoff.

I'd pay mass money if i could attend a 1000 people Maiden gig!

The new Billboard just came out, and it shows that the Twickenham gig was not a sellout, with over 7,000 tickets unsold.  I realize it was a big venue, but  :blink:.    It was, however, the biggest-grossing non-festival concert reported by Billboard this month (they are a few months behind in getting the numbers for non-U.S. shows), #3 overall behind the Download Festival and the Hard Rock Calling Festival.  For those who are curious, the show grossed $4,429,452 (or  2.23 million pounds).

Hunlord said:
They didn't actually sell out The Point, and it was the smallest venue on that tour as far as I'm aware. The closest gig would have been Twickenham in England, but I managed to go to Graspop in Belgium and Paris, and I'm from Dublin. Most of the people that actually show up to Maiden gigs over here and ignorant children who hear that Maiden are playing and go "Woah dude, you hear Maiden are playing????" "Yeah man, lets go!!! They rawk!!!" despite they're never actually heard them, or heard one song.

well the attendence was around 8,995,bu i do agree im a teen but i love maiden ive been into them the last year and have nearly al their albums,dvds,compiltions,documentaries etc,and a lot of their teen fans over hear only know one or two maiden songs and claim they love them,even though non stop talk about shitnot,well ill catch the next tour for defo

leonhal said:
Well the attendance was around 8,995,_but I do agree. I'm a teen, but I love Maiden. I've been into them for about a year now, and I have nearly all their albums,_DVDs,compilations,_documentaries etc,_and a lot of their teen fans over here only know one or two Maiden songs and claim they love them,_ even though they talk about Slipknot all the time. Well, I'll definitely catch the next tour.

Your teacher must hate you.

It took me two minutes, but thanks for your consideration.

Back