01.02.2008 - Iron Maiden SBIT Tour, Mumbai, India (contains spoilers & video!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
Re: 01.02.2008 - Iron Maiden SBIT Tour, Mumbai, India (contains spoilers!)

The Setlist is good. If i would choose the songs, most of all wouldn't be there... but it's still a pretty good set. Worth the money!

Zare

your setlist suggestion kicks some ass ! It would be fantastic to see that for real.

Honestly, I wasn't disappointed at all with the setlist because India is a rather unique "market"...this was the second time Maiden visited the country (correct ?) Maiden had to play a little of everything for them.

I bet they will change setlists in America and Europe...they have to.

Let's hope that, since they haven't played in India in what? 20 odd years? they decided to give them one hell of a show and forget about tour name... when they come to North America and Europe I have a feeling they're gonna change the set list. After all, it seems like they played Sweden once a year since the mid-80s and we (at least in the "royal I" sense) want different songs than some of the ones hidden under spoiler tags :ok:

Yeah, I also think they'll modify the set a little bit when they come back from the "uncharted territories" such as India, Australia, Costa Rica and other countries where they play rarely or have never been to. They've been to Australia 15 years ago, so it would be understandable that they want to please all the fans there, playing more of the classics (and that very popular song that doesn't belong in the setlist).

They played India last year for the first time ever, btw.

Zare, we'll see about the bet when they come to Europe and the USA, I'll give them another chance. :D If they change it to 4/4/4 or remove the garbage, we'll each buy a round. :D

Re: Mumbai concert videos (many spoilers - back off if you dont like them)

Thread merged!

Re: 01.02.2008 - Iron Maiden SBIT Tour, Mumbai, India (contains spoilers & video

Intro - Churchills Speech
1. Aces High +
2. 2 minutes to midnight -
3. Revelations °
4. Trooper -
5. Wasted Years °
6. Number of the Beast -
7. Run to the hills -
8. Rime of the ancient mariner +
9. Powerslave +
10. Heaven can wait -
11. Can I Play with madness -
12. Fear of the Dark -
13. Iron Maiden

14. Moonchild +
15. Clairvoyant +
16. Hallowed be thy name °

Re: 01.02.2008 - Iron Maiden SBIT Tour, Mumbai, India (contains spoilers & video

Honestly i don't believe they'll modify the setlist.

They almost never do it!

I like fear of the dark, it was not supposed to be on this tour, but if turns out they change the setlist i hope they don't remove this song, but add one more. I think the more songs they play better for us :bigsmile:.

Seeing the videos, i still can't believe i'll see The Rime and Moonchild alive!!!

PLease folks, forgive my bad english. I'm still learning it :smartarse:

Aw, geoff, your English isn't so bad.  At least you can read it well enough.

*grumbles*

This is the hottest setlist pic from Mumbai gig...please pay special attention to the info between brackets at the bottom...

http://www.maidennorway.com/images/stories/Prodigal666Son/mumbai4.jpg

Thanks to MAIDEN NORWAY for this one (hope I can mention this pic in here, if not, I delete this post)

Now, that is cool.  Anyone notice
that there was an option to replace The Clairvoyant with The Evil That Men Do? That could suggest that the songs for the tour are going to change, as it looks like multiple songs have been practiced.

Loose,

just mentioned that on my post above yours !

I prefer the option in brackets. If they want to play it here in São Paulo it will be great.

Any news about Perth's concert ? It's about time to start popping pics and videos...

Is Perth today?

Yeah Loose,

Feb 4th...

once it's 2 AM of Feb 5th in there...

but it doesn't seem people in there (at least media blokes) are much interested in the concert....I checked the Perth News site (http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/) and all I found regarding concerts was something about "Bjork playing at a summer festival"  :mad:

cheers

Here's my thoughts on the set list played in India, will be very interested to see if there are changes made for the gig in Australia later today

It's not that they are bad songs but the likes of Number of the Beast, Run to the hills and The Trooper are played on every Maiden Tour (well with the exception of the A Matter Of life and Death Tour where we got the whole new album instead), hopefully they might drop these songs for the european leg of the tour and play some of the stuff from Piece of Mind, Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son that haven't been heard in a while. Personally i'd love to hear something like Still Life, Die with your boots on, Flight of icarus, Stranger in a Strange Land, Infinite dreams or a track from Killers or the debut album ahead of these 3. Given the title of the tour, i hope Fear of the Dark is also left off the set and replaced with a song from the 1980s. Again i love the song, especially live, but given the title of the tour, i'd prefer to hear something less obovious and played recently.

I think that's why i enjoyed the last history tour so much, we got songs that hadn't been played in many years.  Saying that, I'm still looking forward to the show at Twickenham, lot of stuff in there i haven't heard live before that i'm really looking forward to like Wasted Years, Powerslave, The Clairvoyant, Moonchild and ROTAM. Hopefully some less obvious songs will be added to the set as well though.

Would much prefer something along the lines of:

Intro - Churchills Speech
1. Aces High
2. 2 minutes to midnight
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Infinite Dreams
5. Children Of The Damned
6. Still Life
7. The Clairvoyant
8. Rime of the ancient mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven can wait
11. Can I Play with madness
12. Stranger in a strange land
13. Iron Maiden

+

14. Moonchild
15. Seventh Son Of a Seventh Son
16. Wasted Years

For a first-timer thats a great setlist, but I can understand why some of the more seasoned gig-goers would be disappointed. Still, I'll take whatever Maiden gives me (even if they change the setlist for Europe, which I'm kinda hoping they do) because IT'S MY FIRST GIG!!!

Check this video out fellas !

Burning hot !!!!!!!!!!!! It gives me the goosebumps this one ! Sound is great !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AZ436hlUw8

cheers
Just an important info about this video...

have you guys seen who played the first solo ? Janick. Sorry Janick's die hard fans but he screwed the solo up.

Hello, just signed up to post my thoughts on the setlist:

I was really looking forward to this tour since the Early Days tour was announced and the prospect of another tour covering the middle or golden years (especially since SIT and SSOASS are my favourite Maiden albums). Now I agree with those of you who are disappointed.
Don't get me wrong - this still is the best setlist since 1988, but it would have been a dream come true if they had just played songs from 1984 to 1988 using the same concept as for the Early Days tour. This is what it could have looked like without being longer than the current setlist:

(in no particular order)
1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. Powerslave
4. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
5. Wasted Years
6. Stranger In A Strange LAnd
7. Heaven Can Wait
8. Caught Somewhere In Time
9. The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
10. Moonchild
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Infinite Dreams
14. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

However, when I saw the tour poster it was clear that there would be older songs as well - because of the LAD Eddie pictured and the names of all 80s albums at the bottom. Well, I thought, fair enough - they could play 4 songs each from P, SIT and SSOASS, which would still leave enough space for one popular song each of the first four albums.

So this is why I am really disappointed:

Although SIT is included in the title of the tour, the set only has two songs (and the most obvious choices). Which means that there are just as many songs from POM and even more from TNOTB. This is just ridiculous.

Also, it makes no sense to include Fear Of The Dark (which doesn't fit the concept of the tour as advertised with the poster), and instead completely ignore the Killers album.

Last but not least: Can I Play With Madness to me is the weakest song of SSOASS. And not playing Infinite Dreams is another lost opportunity.

This is what it could have looked like (I doubt they will change the set for the US and Europe):

(in no particular order)
1. Iron Maiden
2. Killers
3. The Number Of The Beast
4. The Trooper (though I would still prefer Die With Your Boots On or Still Life)
5. Aces High
6. 2 Minutes To Midnight
7. Powerslave
8. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
9. Wasted Years
10. Stranger In A Strange Land
11. Heaven Can Wait or Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
12. Caught Somewhere In Time
13. Moonchild
14. The Evil That Men Do
15. The Clairvoyant
16. Infinite Dreams

In hindsight I have to say the 1988 tour was pretty adventurous - what with lots of rarely played ones like Killers, The Prisoner and Still Life.

Back