01.02.2008 - Iron Maiden SBIT Tour, Mumbai, India (contains spoilers & video!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7164

Ok, here's the thread about the first show on the Somewhere Back In Time tour.

A friend of the guy from the local forums is attending the show, and Maiden / Lauren were doing sound checks couple of hours ago. Based on what he heard on those soundchecks;

Intro : Churchill's Speech
Opener : Aces High

Around 20:00 of Croatian local time (GMT+1), the source is going to post the setlist / impressions / stuff about the show. I'll be happy to relay the info here.

BTW, LooseCannon, i followed your newest instructions regarding this kind of topic, but do we need to include spoiler tags here all the time, i mean, it's clear from the topic title that it contains spoilers, so...

Re: 01.02.2008 - Iron Maiden SBIT Tour, Mumbai, India (contains spoilers!)

Looking really forward for the rest of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was not unexpected, but is still good to know it.

Zare said:
BTW, LooseCannon, i followed your newest instructions regarding this kind of topic, but do we need to include spoiler tags here all the time, i mean, it's clear from the topic title that it contains spoilers, so...

Yes.  There are people who read all threads (ie moderators and admins) who won't want to see the results.  Plus people could click randomly.

Myself, I don't care, I'd be reading the thread anyway if I was going or not, but for the other mods and for people who misclick, please protect spoiler-like info.

Well guys, take a look at this:

Intro - Churchills Speech
1. Aces High
2. 2 minutes to midnight
3. Revelations
4. Trooper
5. Wasted Years
6. Number of the Beast
7. Run to the hills
8. Rime of the ancient mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven can wait
11. Can I Play with madness
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden

+

14. Moonchild
15. Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed be thy name

There's also a picture: http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p272 ... 022008.jpg

What do you think about it?

That's the setlist.

Sixteen songs setlist, with seven songs outside the '84-'88 era?! Fear Of The Dark?! Jesus Christ...only two songs from Somewhere In Time, expected stuff from SSOASS and Powerslave, except Moonchild, which is a really nice suprise.

All in all, i'm very dissapointed by the setlist. But i hope for better on the European leg.

Perhaps they want to play Fear Of The Dark, Trooper, Run To The Hills, TNOTB, classics of the another eras to Indian fans. I just hope they ditch some of those songs in Europe to make room for more SIT stuff.

With 16 song setlist, they can do four songs from Powerslave, SIT and SSOASS each, and still leave room for mandatory stuff like Iron Maiden and HBTN, and still have two available entries on the setlist for some classics outside the '84-'88 era to please "general" population.

:(

I agree I'm pretty disappointed and I doubt they would change any of the songs for the first leg. :(
I could live with out The trooper, Run to the hills, Number of the beast I don’t know why the played Fear of the dark I thought they were playing Golden years material. :mad:

Even though I’m pretty disappointed I know Ill enjoy this tour.

Too soon to take conclusions. I still bet they will change "song number 12" as it's not part of the "Golden Era"

I liked it A LOT...

No spoiler here but....WHERE'S INFINITE DREAMS ?

Maybe our Maiden boys forgot the name of the tour...Somewhere Back In Time.

Or we SIT lovers are going to get just that name, cyborg Eddie and only two songs? I'm really sad right now. But, it's still an option...they would need to ditch three songs to play 4/4/4 format. I just wish that European leg setlist looks something like this :

Intro - Churchills Speech
1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes To midnight
3. Revelations
4. Caught Somewhere In Time
5. Wasted Years
6. Number Of The Beast
7. The Evil That Men Do / Infinite Dreams
8. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Can I Play With Madness
12. Stranger In A Strange Land / Sea Of Madness
13. Iron Maiden
14. Moonchild
15. Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Come on guys, ditch three songs out and make room for two more SIT and one more SSOASS tracks.

Right,  so this is it eh?  Well I'm not surprised to see this set list.  Ever since they were "secretly" revealing songs that would be played in this tour it was obvious that this would not be an actual history tour.  With the exception of 2 or 3 songs at the most,  all the rest have been played since 1999.  I'm glad I still haven't bought a ticket (thx to the shitty promoters here the ticket costs 70 frigging Euros!).  And this setlist is definitely not worth the money.  Unless of course they change it or/and they have some really great support acts.

Pretty surprising I must admit.

Yes, and the suprise is unpleasant.

I mean, they didn't play post '83 songs on the first history tour. Why now? This is really shitty, they're playing post '88, pre '84, and that stuff comprimises almost half of the setlist!?

Maybe it's only Asian and Australian setlist. Fans down there are eger to hear classics outside the '84-'88.

I really hope they change this stuff when they come to Europe.

I mean, i'm confident that i'll enjoy the show even with this setlist, and i wouldn't miss it for a life, but it's only like three songs i'm going to deeply enjoy and be really anxious to hear them. Moonchild, Powerslave and ROTAM. I'll be glad to hear other stuff, except i would rather transfer myself from Headbanger's Pit to seating stadium area when they play Trooper, RTTH, Fear Of The Dark.

Now completely ruin my day and tell me that Janick played Adrian's solos.

Zare said:
Now completely ruin my day and tell me that Janick played Adrian's solos.

That would be bummer. I sure as hell hope he didn't.

By the way, you won our small bet. I owe you a beer or something alike when you arrive in Split  :)

Again with the disappointments! Just like last tour.

I for one absolutely love that setlist and being on the ground, I could hardly care who plays which solo.
There's a serious possibility that I would have a magnificent time.

This is a great setlist for a fan that's never been to a Maiden show before, like myself, but I can see how others would be upset. Moonchild is a great surprise.

The Early Days tour was the History Part 1 tour, stuff from late seventies to 1983. And that was the setlist. Regardless if your favourite song from that era wasn't played, Maiden covered the early days era with stuff they think are worth playing and stuff they enjoy playing.

Somewhere Back In Time was concieved as History Part 2. Stuff from 1984 to 1988. Well, it turned out that's not the case here.

Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son were their most successful records from their most successful years, the 1980s. Historical tour needed to present a historical overview of those three records.

They did suprise me positively by two things;

- 16 song setlist
- Moonchild included

On the other hand, with that positive suprise by the number of setlist songs, they decided...

...to play seven songs outside that era. Powerslave was fairly covered, 4 songs out of 5 that were played on original tour, and fifth song, Big'Orra, wasn't played on every show of World Slavery Tour. But two songs from Somewhere In Time?! Come on, Heaven Can Wait was played on numerous tours, while Wasted Years was played both in 1988 and in 1999.

Trooper - played on the first history tour
Revelations - played on the first history tour
Number Of The Beast - played on the first history tour
Fear Of The Dark - this thing really doesn't belong here!

So why the hell are they repeating themselves? I mean, ok if they wanted to add an extra Piece Of Mind song...why not go with Still Life?

Hence the dissapointment. It's not the usual "my favourite song ain't on the setlist" thing. I mean, my fav track from SSOASS is Only The Good Die Young. There wasn't even a remote chance they would play that one, and i wouldn't rant about it.

It's simple as this - this tour was marketed as something, and in reality, it turned out as something else.

Again, they might change the setlist after the first leg, or the first show, or whatever.

This is a great setlist for a fan that's never been to a Maiden show before, like myself, but I can see how others would be upset. Moonchild is a great surprise.

I see your point. But those songs i'm dissapointed about, you have chance to hear them at a regular Maiden show. You don't get a chance to hear stuff on the regular tour that was supposed to be on this one.

I am thinking that these shows, in markets they hardly ever play, won't be indicative of what happens when they get to the North American and European legs of the tour. You know, keep it a little bit safer - especially in India.

This is a collection of amazing songs and I love the setlist. :)

sadp666, i just hope you're right.

Back