Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

The weather is good, but pity that in a few months it will be cold... winter. You won‘t be able to sit outside. Pity! But now it‘s still nice and warm, the clerk of the weather is on our side, the sun‘s going to shine for the whole day, it will be nice and the weather will be good. Quite good, although there are some clouds in the sky and the sun sometimes hides behind them a bit. Nevertheless, I like the weather today.

The weather is good, but pity that in a few months it will be cold... winter. You won‘t be able to sit outside. Pity! But now it‘s still nice and warm, the clerk of the weather is on our side, the sun‘s going to shine for the whole day, it will be nice and the weather will be good. Quite good, although there are some clouds in the sky and the sun sometimes hides behind them a bit. Nevertheless, I like the weather today.
Are you one of those people who on the summer solstice says "That's it, summer is over now, the nights will be drawing in" :p

The weather here is sunny today, but it's been cold for a long time now. Warmer weather would be nice, but at least the apartment doesn't get too hot.

I don't expect summer ending anytime soon. It has just began, barely. The weather is becoming increasingly dis-aligned with the calendar. 2019 also cold May, shitty June and then it was beach time all the way to mid October.

On average we have 3 months of hot summer, and a month of warm time just before and after. Give or take a few weeks depending on the year.

At 90 years old, with no living heirs, Jeanne signed a contract to sell her apartment to lawyer André-François Raffray.

She used a contingency contract, which is very common in France. This meant she could live in apartment for the rest of her life, while her lawyer agreed to pay a monthly sum of 2,500 francs, about £330 a month, until she died.

You can probably guess what happened next! Raffray, our savvy property lawyer, ended up paying Madam Calment a total of 918,000 francs, more than double the value of the value of the apartment.

The lawyer actually died age 77 in 1995, when Madam Calment was 120 years old, and his family continued making the payments until she died nearly three years’ later. Her only comment on the situation? “In life, one sometimes makes bad deals.”

Brilliant.

Like journal editors who won't answer to why they forget about publishing an article?

I'm quite excited for this. And I'm not even much of a Dirkschneider fan. It just feels fresh. The music is written along with the Musikkorps conductor rather than the orchestration being arranged on top of a finished song.

Back