NOW PLAYING

Okay, so the Rheinhalle performance was absolutely stellar. It was possibly my favourite Europe/72 volume so far. Yeah, it starts with a bang - Truckin' and Tennesse Jed right at the very beginning... but then it is "just" good, with some highlights (Beat It on)... and then, on the second CD, it starts - first a heartfelt rendition of Me and Bobby McGee which I had to go back to two more times (there are better performances, but for some reason I felt really pulled to this one) and then the real party starts - the long Good Lovin', Casey Jones, the ridiculously long Dark Star with Me&Uncl hidden within (yeah, it falls apart from time to time, but so what? I enjoyed it all the same), the way Wharf Rat transfers into Magnolia, He's Gone –> Hurts Me Too, the fiery El Paso rendition... A must hear for a Dead fan, IMHO, if only for the atmosphere. @SixesAlltheway , any thoughts?

Also, do you realise I spent 23 hours and 10 mins listening to the Europe '72 tour already? :D

NP:

51BdmO7fg2L._SS500.jpg

(Grateful Dead - Europe '72: The Complete Recordings, Vol. 09: Jahrhunderthalle, Frankfurt, West Germany (4/26/1972))

Okay, so the Rheinhalle performance was absolutely stellar. It was possibly my favourite Europe/72 volume so far. Yeah, it starts with a bang - Truckin' and Tennesse Jed right at the very beginning... but then it is "just" good, with some highlights (Beat It on)... and then, on the second CD, it starts - first a heartfelt rendition of Me and Bobby McGee which I had to go back to two more times (there are better performances, but for some reason I felt really pulled to this one) and then the real party starts - the long Good Lovin', Casey Jones, the ridiculously long Dark Star with Me&Uncl hidden within (yeah, it falls apart from time to time, but so what? I enjoyed it all the same), the way Wharf Rat transfers into Magnolia, He's Gone –> Hurts Me Too, the fiery El Paso rendition... A must hear for a Dead fan, IMHO, if only for the atmosphere. @SixesAlltheway , any thoughts?

Also, do you realise I spent 23 hours and 10 mins listening to the Europe '72 tour already? :D

NP:

51BdmO7fg2L._SS500.jpg

(Grateful Dead - Europe '72: The Complete Recordings, Vol. 09: Jahrhunderthalle, Frankfurt, West Germany (4/26/1972))

I actually don't particularly remember that show or if I ever got around to it. But it's funny how some shows just seem to "hit" and other not :)

I've made a thread for us and others. Thought it would be easier to keep track of the Dead listening that way: https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/the-grateful-thread.70865/

Back