The Future Past Tour 2024

I'd buy that one as a definite ending of The Future Past Tour.

Compared to the verbiage when they announced the last show of The Future Past Tour 2023:
With the announcement of this show, the dates for The Future Past Tour 2023 are now complete.

If that is the case, it will be their shortest tour (in terms of number of shows) since the A Matter of Life and Death back in 2006/2007 and the first one in quite some time with less than 100 shows.

If that is the case, it will be their shortest tour (in terms of number of shows) since the A Matter of Life and Death back in 2006/2007 and the first one in quite some time with less than 100 shows.
Makes sense. I would say this is their most niche setlist since the original AMOLAD 2006 run.

Edit: And TFF 2010 I guess, which barely cracked 100 shows by itself.

It would be a shame that after teasing the Greek fans with playing the song for so long (both at Maiden and solo gigs), they ended up not having the chance to see it played live in Greece.
What they could do for the next tour is just play it for the Greek audience. Having ATG performed there for the last time would make a bit special. Whether that will actually happen....

I feel it's 50/50 if this tour continues into 2025.
Considering what was said in the Bruce thread, that he has plans to play in SA again next year (plus the US shows and probably some dates in Europe again), the 2nd leg of TMP tour will be as long as this year, so you have a point. And he called the 2026 tour ''big'', not the 2025 one. Unless he confused the two years - which seems more and more likely, Anniv tour for 2 years.
I mean, why would Maiden want to do a brand new tour next year (except for freshness and to play more different songs), when Bruce will do around 40/50 dates again and with the possibility of recording a new Maiden album (I think it will be recorded in early 2026 now). He also said that they will celebrate their anniv next year with something. It would be kind of odd the 2025 and 2026 tours to be different (now), but not impossible (like in 2005/2006). I guess the band view the current tour more as a normal 2-years album tour, despite the SIT songs/hybrid theme (also SJ songs played for 4 years in a row?!), so it's logical (for them and because of the anniv) to follow it with a 2/3 years Hits tour.
And oh, I think Alexander will stay, regardless of the theme.

Here's a question for everyone. I know Maiden doesn't really care that much about their live songs sounding just like the album versions, but for this tour, wouldn't it have made sense to bring along guitar synths? The S.I.T. songs just don't sound the same live without them. And the synths are relatively small pieces of equipment and are pretty much plug-and play. Every since the first time I heard Wasted Years live it has bothered me that the guitars aren't plugged in to synths for that. What do you all think?

Wasted Years doesn’t have any synthesizers.
Are you sure about that? Adrian's guitar sound on that song surely sounds like it is aided by synths. Especially the alternate-picking intro lick. That intro sounds so different live. You can't hear the difference? Take another listen.

@adrian fn rules : There is no synths on "Wasted Years". Because if you listen to how it sounds played by Adrian Smith (who did some tapping on that), you can easily hear that it doesn't sound at all like this :

@adrian fn rules Yes, I am sure. Based on what you’re saying, it sounds like you might be confusing synths for regular on board effects like reverb and delay, which Maiden does use live (and I think folks here have mentioned that the guitar sounds they’re using on the current tour are simulations of the original SIT sounds). The thing about that album is that it was recorded on tiny guitar amps in controlled environment. There’s only so much you can do to get close to that same sound in a giant arena, although they have done their best to come close on this current tour imo.

As far as synths go, they were mostly used to add texture to the guitar parts rather than a lead instrument, so playing guitar synths live instead of the regular guitars would really weaken the sound more than anything else. On the original tour some of those parts were handled on keyboards played offstage by Michael Kenny. Not sure if they’re doing that currently, I haven’t really paid attention to that, but they have had offstage keys ever since 1986.

Are you sure about that? Adrian's guitar sound on that song surely sounds like it is aided by synths. Especially the alternate-picking intro lick. That intro sounds so different live. You can't hear the difference? Take another listen.
It's the heavy chorusing of the solid state amps on the album. Gallien Krueger amps are INCREDIBLY specific. Some say that you can get close by adding a chorus over distortion of a tube amp... Not even close.

Recently, I purchased a Kemper Stage and found a Gallien Krueger 250 ML profile and I gotta say, it sounds so different than everything else. Not having tubes, makes it somehow less volotile and more controlable. And that is exactly what the intro of Wasted Years is. Heavy chorus, integrated delay and slight muting with the right hand.

Also, Maiden or not, that GK sound is incredibly useful specific things. I'm planning to use it on Purple Rain's solo with a cover band that I'm in, as it just fits the vibe.

So in short, it's the amp and there is absolutely no synths on Wasted Years. There is also a neat trick done by Dave in studio. He played an arpeggiated Csus2 chord during choruses (the chord at the end of each chorus verse), which gives it some synth-like quality, but it's just guitar.

Back