Bruce Dickinson

You are correct, it is easy to physically hear Bruce's high range.

It can be painful though :p

That’s the word you probably wanted to use! ;)

Although it is nowhere near as great sounding as it was between 1996 and 2008, I still like how his high range sounds most of the time.

The thing is, that Bruce could make the performances better of he moved Darkside earlier in the set (he has done that before with The Talisman in 2011). He is singing incredibly well for a 65 year old cancer survivor, but a few simple decisions could make his life MUCH easier and the performances better. He discovered how to get through Book Of Thel without straining. With Darkside, there is no way around the long powerful high range parts. And the solution for that is: move the song earlier in the set and close the main set with something easier like Jerusalem.

All that said, because of his stubbornes, there should be a bit of torching, but believe me, it's all because I care.

I think he should consider downtuning for 3-4 toughest songs in solo and Maiden sets. Half step down. It would do wonders for performances.
I think so too; but I also think that his solo stuff should stay in the original tuning, as they are more suited to his current voice than the 80s stuff are.

I think so too; but I also think that his solo stuff should stay in the original tuning, as they are more suited to his current voice than the 80s stuff are.
Agree for TCW, Abduction and BTP songs, but disagree about AOB songs. During AOB Bruce had something to prove and went ham with vocals. TCW, despite him being at the beginning of his prime, has easier vocals, probably because the tunings got lower and the overall album was darker (lower vocal lines on purpose).

Agree for TCW, Abduction and BTP songs, but disagree about AOB songs. During AOB Bruce had something to prove and went ham with vocals. TCW, despite him being at the beginning of his prime, has easier vocals, probably because the tunings got lower and the overall album was darker (lower vocal lines on purpose).
Bruce went all in with AoB, but it's still closer to modern day Bruce than the 80s stuff is. Bruce handles the AoB stuff without needing to downtune (well, he doesn't need, as in have to, to downtune with Maiden either, but it would elevate his performances), whereas I have long said Maiden should tune down half a step. Hell, it works well enough when he has a cold.

Bruce went all in with AoB, but it's still closer to modern day Bruce than the 80s stuff is. Bruce handles the AoB stuff without needing to downtune (well, he doesn't need, as in have to, to downtune with Maiden either, but it would elevate his performances), whereas I have long said Maiden should tune down half a step. Hell, it works well enough when he has a cold.
He is suffering on Darkside. AoB works well.

I'm against downtuning on whole Maiden set, but would welcome it on tougher songs like TETMD and Hallowed.

That said, I think Bruce's range isnt the main problem with Maiden nowadays. Nicko nursing himself back to full strength is.

Bruce again about his future plans and Maiden's plans:

''Obviously, I'm on tour until the end of this year and next and I'm already thinking about more solo tours. And there will also be a big Iron Maiden tour in 2026 and another album, meaning there's no shortage of work.''

Source: here.

He is thinking about more solo tours. There is a mention of a big Maiden tour in 2026 (starting in 2025 I guess) and also another album - a new Maiden album right, or it's ambiguous on purpose? :blush:

''Obviously, I'm on tour until the end of this year and next and I'm already thinking about more solo tours. And there will also be a big Iron Maiden tour in 2026 and another album, meaning there's no shortage of work.''

Source: here.

He is thinking about more solo tours. There is a mention of a big Maiden tour in 2026 (starting in 2025 I guess) and also another album - a new Maiden album right, or it's ambiguous on purpose? :blush:
So…another f***ing leg of Future Past Tour for 2025 + Bruce solo Tour and maybe something for the Anniversary of the band ? Years Wasters

Well, I think this points into one direction:

IM recording in spring 2025.
Future Past or a GMETID style tour in Europe, summer 2025. Alexander and Hell On Earth probably stay in the setlist in both scenarios. Less likely, but not impossible is an epics-heavy tour.
Autumn 2025 is Bruce solo tour (likely US).
2026 is Iron Maiden all year. Album tour.

Well, I think this points into one direction:

IM recording in spring 2025.
Future Past or a GMETID style tour in Europe, summer 2025. Alexander and Hell On Earth probably stay in the setlist in both scenarios. Less likely, but not impossible is an epics-heavy tour.
Autumn 2025 is Bruce solo tour (likely US).
2026 is Iron Maiden all year. Album tour.
Agreed, this is the most likely scenario. The album should be recorded early next year. They may or may not play a new song next year - which seems to point to a 3rd (European) leg of TFP tour. I doubt about a GME tour style, dunno why... Alexander will stay for sure.
So Maiden view it more as a Hits tour since they have plans to follow it with a new album tour in 2026. A 3rd leg of the current tour is just not needed now, I really don't want it but if it means that we will certainly get a new album! If they change 3/4 songs (including more from SJ) it will be worth it only then, but not completely. Or maybe the new Maiden album will be released after 2026? Not sure.

Or maybe they can do a special anniversary 1-year tour with no theme and different stage. That would be a surprise, but Bruce said they will celebrate it. And they used a brand new stage for one leg of a tour before. That would be much better, but also very unlikely. Only epics tour? Wow.

Bruce will tour in the autumn next year and most likely will release his next solo album after 2026.

Last edited:
Back