Bruce Dickinson

He says that Maiden toured with Judas Priest supporting them on the Screaming for Vengeance Tour (Bad memory once more time). They were fantastic, Rob is great and he's a metal legend and he knows that they have a new album called The invincible shield and he loves it.

What I find interesting is that he's said he knows what Maiden's plans are up through 2026...and suddenly he's resurrecting his solo career and hitting it pretty hard with touring this year and next, AND pre-hyping another solo album that's in the works. One could interpret that as him knowing that Maiden is nearing an as-yet unannounced end of the road, but he isn't quite ready to hang it all up.
Well, Maiden always have plans for a couple of years ahead, so it's no wonder Bruce knows. And I still think he released the album because he can tour it now. He needs to release more solo albums, not least because you can't be sure about a Maiden one now. I really doubt an artist (Maiden) will want to retire, they will go as much as possible. But who knows their plans.
Opinions and all that. It's by far my least favorite of the album and a massive disappointment.
Resurrection Men is a ''missed opportunity'' because it's an unfinished song. It has so much potential and I can see why some fans like it a lot.
He says that Maiden toured with Judas Priest supporting them on the Screaming for Vengeance Tour (Bad memory once more time). They were fantastic, Rob is great and he's a metal legend and he knows that they have a new album called The invincible shield and he loves it.
Priest toured with Maiden in 1982. What he said about Priest, Rob and their new album, it's so great to hear that from Bruce. Since he still loves the classic metal approach - bring it back for the next solo album, Bruce!

It seems Bruce will be asking the fans which songs they want to hear live from each of his solos albums(?) in reverse chronological order.

From TCW, my answer is almost all of them. It's interesting that the bonus songs are also listed in the options (unlike the post about TOS, no Eternal, unfortunately). Hmm...

^Edit: it's on Bruce's official Instagram story.

Last edited:
It seems Bruce will be asking the fans which songs they want to hear live from each of his solos albums(?) in reverse chronological order.
This looks like a Brazilian Iron Maiden fan page. I don't see anything similar on Bruce's official social media channels.

New interview with Bruce

About the vocal recordings of the new album - he said that he build up to it and with each sessions the voice get stronger. I'm not sure if I got it right, but it seems he recorded the vocals parts for different songs in different days and in parts; one day for the calm stuff, other day for the high vocals.
He thinks this album has some of the most varied and emotional vocals he's ever put out, that comes with age and confidence. The important thing for him is always what serves the song. He likes to use high and calm vocals in a song (he gave Strange Death In Paradise as an example). Things he's learned over the years and mostly from the Skunkworks album. He also likes an album to have a series of stories.

For the lyrics, he tries to make the words he used to sound good when he sings them, but they don't always. The music for him is the canvas for the vocals.

He has an amazing band and they sound amazing.

About the vocal recordings of the new album [...] he recorded the vocals parts for different songs in different days and in parts; one day for the calm stuff, other day for the high vocals.
So, that means that he can do the stuff in separate days or separately from Maiden (and from Roy Z that is working nowadays on the new Bruce solo tracks while remixing the first Bruce solo albums)... So, why not imagine that Adrian is now in Paris to work on some new Maiden songs with Bruce and while Bruce will be touring with his solo band, the rest of Maiden clan will come in Paris to work and record the instrumental parts of new songs while Bruce will be busy touring and when he will be back from touring and in Paris in late july, he will record his vocal parts to the new Maiden stuff, then rejoin the band in Australia for the rehearsals. In Sydney, then meeting Kevin Shirly with the rest of the band to talk about the mixing and the mastering of the 18th studio album and then release this new record between march and june next year ? ;)

Is it so impossible to imagine Maiden working like that for once ? :innocent:

Back