07. Interfearium
08. Blood Let
09. Warpath
10. Guerrero
11. Vicissitude
12. Omiero
13. Animismo

New song is shit:

But Kerry King is far, far from the shitshow that is KK's Priest. Slayer doesn't exist anymore; Tom is retired, Jeff is dead and Dave doesn't want to do anything with Kerry. So he has all the right to do this if he wants to.

Anyway, you guys need to read this interview even if you don't like Slayer. Some of the stuff that he says makes him a bigger dictator than Mustaine :D

I liked the new song. The band lineup is interesting too. And Kerry is definitely an asshole as well.

Kerry King will be opening act for this tour where Lamb of God plays Ashes of the Wake (my favorite lp by them).
Not a fan of Mastadon and have to be at work next day at 7:00 so on the fence about going.

New song is shit:

But Kerry King is far, far from the shitshow that is KK's Priest. Slayer doesn't exist anymore; Tom is retired, Jeff is dead and Dave doesn't want to do anything with Kerry. So he has all the right to do this if he wants to.

Anyway, you guys need to read this interview even if you don't like Slayer. Some of the stuff that he says makes him a bigger dictator than Mustaine :D

Great interview. Araya being the only Trump supporter in Slayer was huge LOL.

I kinda expected Kerry King haven't spoke with Araya since retirement, there were interviews before that were pointing Kerry wasn't on board with Araya's decision and would resent him that later. I also knew he Lombardo was dead to him, it happened before. But the fact that he hasn't visited Jeff on his dead bed? That was cold, even for Kerry King.
Also, I had a chuckle reading Kerry discussing his music. It was like a chef trying to do a culinary run down on a bag of frozen French fries.

Coming soon to a 1,000 seat overpriced theatre in the suburbs one hour from your biggest city! The double KK experience!

KK's Priest + KK's Slayer! The full KK experience!

The KKKarnival!

No wait, that's not right...

That would be an interesting tour. Kerry King band would headline, as he is a little more popular among metal fans than KK's Priest.

Also, they could easily sell out 2,000-3,000 capacity venues.

IMO, bands should not announce farewell tours/shows. I get they do it generate a buzz and bump ticket sales. Maybe they are sincere at the time about it and declare so some fans who might pass on seeing them will go as it's for "the last time". Too many bands go back on it though, we all know the major culprits. Makes them look a little bad and causes some ill will. Others are glad their favorite band is touring again though and overlook it.

IMO, bands should not announce farewell tours/shows. I get they do it generate a buzz and bump ticket sales. Maybe they are sincere at the time about it and declare so some fans who might pass on seeing them will go as it's for "the last time". Too many bands go back on it though, we all know the major culprits. Makes them look a little bad and causes some ill will. Others are glad their favorite band is touring again though and overlook it.
Unfortunately it's never gonna stop happening. They get a ton of press for announcing a farewell tour and sell more tickets. Then when they go back on it and announce a reunion show/tour, they get a ton of press and sell more tickets (at a higher cost than before because now it has implied exclusivity). It's a win/win from a monetary standpoint.

Any fan who has "ill will" towards such actions is either going to get over it and buy a ticket anyway or was probably just about done buying tickets to see them regardless.

Not to mention that there will be a whole slew of young people who never would've seen the band pre-"retirement" who will buy a ticket to the reunion solely for the internet points.

Unfortunately it's never gonna stop happening. They get a ton of press for announcing a farewell tour and sell more tickets. Then when they go back on it and announce a reunion show/tour, they get a ton of press and sell more tickets (at a higher cost than before because now it has implied exclusivity). It's a win/win from a monetary standpoint.

Any fan who has "ill will" towards such actions is either going to get over it and buy a ticket anyway or was probably just about done buying tickets to see them regardless.

Not to mention that there will be a whole slew of young people who never would've seen the band pre-"retirement" who will buy a ticket to the reunion solely for the internet points.
Oh I know it won't stop as it's a cash grab. Shameless ones for a few. Motley Crue signing "the legally binding contract" and Kiss claiming they are "going out on top" while making extensive use of backing tracks were fucking jokes.

Back